Stuck in Ohio! *Need to get from Cinci to Saulte Ste. marie

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
thegeneral65

Stuck in Ohio! *Need to get from Cinci to Saulte Ste. marie

Post by thegeneral65 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:57 am

Number of animals being transported: 1 MIN PIN
Breeds, weight, age: 8 months
Health Condition: excellent
Heart worm Status: Neg
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: YES
Spay/Neutered: Neutered
Special needs: NONE
Name of Sending & Receiving Rescue/Parties: Carol Gatrell/Jann D. Poitras McKay
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected] OR 304-610-2203
Additional Info/situation: *THIS IS A MINIATURE PINSCHER THAT WAS RESCUED FROM DEATH ROW IN CA, BACK IN NOV. TRUCK DRIVER RENIGGED HIS CONTRACT AND DUMPED THE DOG OFF IN OHIO! THIS DOG IS NOW STRANDED AND HAS NO WAY HOME TO SADBURY, ONTARIO, CANADA! PLEASE HELP!! ***JANN, WOULD BE WILLING TO DRIVE TO SAULTE STE. MARIE, MICHIGAN
Last edited by admin on Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic icon

shadowrunner52

Re: Stuck in Ohio! *Need to get from Cinci to Saulte Ste. ma

Post by shadowrunner52 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:03 pm

If someone can get the put to Lansing, MI (KLAN) I could fly him the rest of the way.

Pilot Fred
Lansing, MI (KLAN)

thegeneral65

Post by thegeneral65 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:36 pm

THNX! We thought we had all the details of a ground transport worked out, but now the weather is getting really bad up North! When or what day would be convenient?

thegeneral65

Post by thegeneral65 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:46 pm

Pilot Fred -
Are you offering to fly Pluto to Saulte Ste. Marie or Sadbury, Ontario?

shadowrunner52

Post by shadowrunner52 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:22 am

It will have to be to Saulte Ste. Marie, MI. I don't actually have a passport which is needed for flying into Canada. I'll have to keep and eye on the weather myself and look for a good day. Are you planing on getting the dog to Lansing by ground or do you have another pilot lined up for that leg?

thegeneral65

Post by thegeneral65 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:18 am

Unfortunately, there is not another pilot lined up. I need to check and see if ground transport can be worked out. (Need to check and see how far Lansing is from Canton, Ohio).

thegeneral65

Post by thegeneral65 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Okay, can possibly get "Pluto" to Lansing. Need days and times that are good for you! Thank You!

shadowrunner52

Post by shadowrunner52 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:37 am

So far the weather isn't looking great through Wed. Unfortunately the way the weather is here in MI in the winter, we may have a small window of opportunity to get this done. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see a day that looks promising.

thegeneral65

Post by thegeneral65 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:21 pm

THANK YOU, SO VERY MUCH!!
I have a person that will drive "Pluto" to Lansing, and his owner will meet you in Saulte Ste Marie!
*(This little fella was sitting in a vet's office, and the vet DID find temp. placement for him, till he can complete his journey!)

shadowrunner52

Post by shadowrunner52 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:40 am

Looking at the long term forcast, this coming Monday looks promising. I'll have to verify that later in the week. Would that work everyone else? My current plan would be to arrive in Sault Ste Marie around 6. I could keep Pluto over night on Sunday if that would work better for the person bringing him up from Ohio.

Fred