Stuck in Ohio! *Need to get from Cinci to Saulte Ste. marie

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
thegeneral65

Re: Stuck in Ohio! *Need to get from Cinci to Saulte Ste. ma

Post by thegeneral65 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:18 pm

Hi Fred -
Are you offering for Pluto to stay overnight with you on Sunday? We would still need to get him to you. The person would be driving from Canton,OH to where on Sunday??? Then I could have the volunteers in Canada to meet you in Saulte Ste Marie, Monday evening? I will need the exact meeting place. I will pass this offer/suggestion along today.
Just gotta get this boy home!
Thanks for helping!
~ Brenda Leigh

shadowrunner52

Post by shadowrunner52 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Is your driver still willing to transport Pluto to Lansing? If so, there is a 'Park and Ride' just off Exit 110 (Okemos Rd) where I could meet them. I would then keep Pluto overnight and transport him to Saulte Ste Marie (KANJ) on Monday afternoon. If I leave Lansing at 2pm I would arrive at KANJ at around 4:30. I would be meeting the volunteers at the airport in Saulte Ste Marie, at Soo Air, inc.

Hopefully the weather forcast will hold for Monday.

thegeneral65

Post by thegeneral65 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:46 pm

Michele Brown-Witte lives in Lebanon,OH. She has volunteered to meet you on Sunday with Pluto. That would at least be a start for him! I'm assuming you can meet at 6:pm or was that 6:00am?? Just need a precise meeting place.
Once again, THNX! (I sent Pluto a huge care pkg with clothes, harness, leash, blankets, and toys!)

thegeneral65

Post by thegeneral65 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:37 pm

Update on Pluto(Tues. 6:35pm)
Fred -
Michele Witte can meet you at the Park N Ride on Sunday, around 2:30. Does that time work for you? If so, can I give her your cell phone # so she has a way to communicate?
Thank You.

shadowrunner52

Post by shadowrunner52 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:46 pm

The weather seems to be shaping up for Sunday, and getting worse for Monday. Would Michele be able to bring Pluto to MI on Saturday, or possibly a little earlier on Sunday, say around noon or 1? If not then 2:30 on Sunday would still work. That would put me in Sault Ste Maria at about 6:00 pm on Sunday.

thegeneral65

Post by thegeneral65 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:58 pm

Michele can meet you at 1:00 on Sunday. (She is doing a transport on Sat).
Does that time work for you?
thnx!

shadowrunner52

Post by shadowrunner52 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:27 pm

That works great! When Michele gets close have her call me at 517-290-2692. Hopefully I should be wheels up around 2 and in Sault Ste Marie between 4:30-5. Can you provide me the info for who I will be meeting there?

Keep your fingers crossed on the weather.

Thanks,
Fred

thegeneral65

Post by thegeneral65 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:26 pm

(Wed.1/19,2:25pm)
*This is Michele's cell phone number: 513-309-0475
*Jan McKay will be meeting you in Saulte Ste. Marie (will get a cell ph # from her!)

shadowrunner52

Post by shadowrunner52 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:24 am

Well, the weather is still looking good for Sunday. So as it stands now, here is the schedule as I understand it.

Michelle (513-309-0427) will be arriving at the Okemos, MI exit (110 off I-96) at about 1:00 pm and transferring Pluto to me.
At about 2:30 I will be departing Lansing, MI (KLAN) in N6917D and heading up to Sault Ste. Marie, MI Sanderson Field (KANJ).
I should be arriving at KANJ between 4:30 pm and 5:00 pm.
Jan McKay (ph # ???) will meet me at Soo Air, inc. (http://www.sooair.com/ 906-635-0252) located in the middle of the field and I will transfer Pluto to her.

So we still need Jan's phone number. Will Pluto have a kennel? If not I have one I can use for the flight.

Let me know if any of that isn't right.

Thanks,
Fred

thegeneral65

Post by thegeneral65 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:12 am

Hey Fred! -
I was sure holding my breath(well, not really!) after last night's snow storm! Whew! hopefully, thats all for a few days...
Here is Jann McKay's cell phone number: (705) 822-2884.
And yes, Pluto DOES have a crate. Thanks for asking.
I will forward your message to all parties involved.
Thank you.
~ Brenda Leigh