**DONE** Thank you!! Shush legs 0V7-VGT-FCH-MCC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

**DONE** Thank you!! Shush legs 0V7-VGT-FCH-MCC

Post by Liza007 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:55 am

Shush (Bear in Navajo) needs help.. he is finding himself injured and has little hope of finding a home in his current condition. Torn ACL and old 'hit by car(?)' This boy weighs in at 100# (please see passenger info below)

Rescue in California has agreed to take Shush, but needs help getting him there and they have asked for my assistance.

Potential route (flexible of course)
07V-VGT (Kayenta, AZ- Las Vegas, NV) <242NM>
VGT-FCH (Las Vegas, NV-Fresno, CA) <226NM>
FCH-MCC (Fresno, CA-Sacramento, CA <139NM>

As this is a collective effort of multiple pilots, even if a leg has been 'spoken' for I would still need to connect the dots as such;
If you can assist, can you please reply with the days you are available to fly, your airfield identifier and leg you can help with or the alternative route that you can assist with? And given the weather of late: WHAT YOUR REQUIRED MINIMUM IS

As I do not always receive notifications of postings here.. please email me at [email protected] and refer to SHUSH in the subject line.

Thank you all so very much for your consideration and thank you for choosing rescue
Liz Bondarek
Transport Volunteer

Passenger Information:
Shush
Great Pyrenees
Male
100##
2-3yrs old
Traveling with: Collar, leash, health certificate, rabies tag, vet ppwk
Last edited by Liza007 on Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sundance

Re: Shush needs help 3 easy(?) legs 0V7-VGT-FCH-MCC

Post by Sundance » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:19 am

I can get Shush fro Fresno to Granite Bay so long as we can get him in my Cirrus: a low wing, 4 place aircraft. Is he ambulatory? Also, is there a specific date? I am still gainfully employed, albeit with a flexible schedule.

Bruce Hedlund
209-286-9212

willson

Post by willson » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:47 pm

Liz,

You didn't mention a time (or date) frame.

A couple of suggestions:

#1. When going through Las Vegas, use the Henderson airport (KHND). It's about 6 miles south of town and KVGT is the same distance north of town. However KHND is easy to fly in and out of. North Las Vegas (KVGT) is awful. It's located nearly between McCarran and Nellis AFB. Nobody in their right mind goes there if they don't have to. As a 'for instance,' I went up there about a year ago for a Sat. morning breakfast. They held me for 20 minutes west of the field, when I finally called and asked what was up, they held me another 5 minutes and then when I started in, I was number 8 in line to land. I have not been back since.

I've never been worse than number 2 at Henderson.

#2. Most small plane pilots don't care to fly across the Sierras in the winter time. (There's a lot of snow and no place to land in an emergency) so we go south by Edwards AFB and then up the valley of California. This leads me to my third suggestion. (Because it's silly to fly way up north to Las Vegas and then go back south again to get around the mountains.

Depending on what day you are talking about,

I will fly Kingman (KIGM) to the Barstow-Daggett airport (KDAG). It is about 10 miles east of Barstow.

or

I will fly Prescott (KPRC) to Henderson (KHND).

or

I will fly Henderson (KHND) to Apple Valley (KAPV) Just north of Victorville,CA.

Piper Dakota (which will take a 100# dog in the back seat). N8083Y. White with red and blue trim. Based at Henderson.

e-mail [email protected]
home phone 702-233-3273
cell 702-499-5224

Cindy Smith

Post by Cindy Smith » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:45 am

How is this transport coming along???

There is a Malibu flying into Tucson Sunday at noon and then flying back to Van Nuys that day.

Boarding will need to be arranged until we can get him to Placerville.

Let me know...

Cindy Smith
[email protected]
925-998-9309

Liza007

Post by Liza007 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:06 am

Hi Cindy..
Thank you for the information.. to date, I have had no viable offers of assistance in getting Shush off the ground in Kayenta.. as your transport is leaving Tucson, I would still need a pilot to get him there as it's well over 400mi. So I would still need a pilot to connect.

Honestly, I don't see it happening as I have had no pilot offers in Arizona!

Thank you though!

rbartch

Post by rbartch » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:45 am

I'm up for leg to Sacramento, any airport there, and as far south as Bakersfield. IFR OK, just no major storms. I'm retired, flexible, and can go most any time.

BB

Liza007

Post by Liza007 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi guys,
updated here..
I believe that I have a ride for Shush on Sat 1/22 from a pilot that is leaving CO and flying home to CA. He has agreed to stop in Kayenta and grab Shush.

As I am superstitious, I NEVER post a transport as 'done' until their fluffy butts land where they have to land :)
(did that once and my dogs were grounded mid transport for two weeks due to weather!!)

Thank you all so much for your offers of assistance. I will keep you all updated.
Liz
Transport Coordinator
(overtired volunteer)