MEDICAL TRANSPORT, Emporia, VA to Clinton SC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Debi
Co-founder
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

MEDICAL TRANSPORT, Emporia, VA to Clinton SC

Post by Debi » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:39 pm

**ground transport didn't fill for Jan. 17th. Looking at Saturday Jan.22 or sooner?

(I am courtesy posting only, if you can help, please contact Gayle Fraley [email protected] immediately)

DESPERATELY NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE. HERE IS A PICTURE OF POOR SMILEY. HER TEETH ARE MISSING, HER LIPS ARE TORN OFF, CHUNKS OF HER TONGUE ARE GONE........PLEASE HELP ME GET HER TO SOUTH CAROLINA AND NOAHS ARKS RESCUE!! THANKS! Here is her story and photo, run sheet is below with ground transport set up for the first legs.

MIDATLANTIC BULLY BUDDIES HAS SAVED HER AND IS NOW SENDING HER TO NOAHS ARKS RESCUE IN SOUTH CAROLINA. I HAVE OFFERED TO DO THE FIRST LEG OF THE TRANSPORT FROM MARYLAND TO NEWINGTON VA OR A LITTLE BELOW. I NEED HELP FROM FOLKS (PREFERABLY TOMORROW--AS IT IS A HOLIDAY) TO VOLUNTEER TO DO A LEG OF THE TRANSPORT TO GET SMILEY TO JENNIFER SMITH/NOAH'S ARKS RESCUE. EACH GROUND TRANSPORT LEG ONLY HAS TO BE APPROXIMATELY AN HOUR (OR MORE IF YOU SO CHOOSE). ITHANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP!! IF YOU CANNOT HELP, PLEASE CROSSPOST RIGHT AWAY. YOU ALL COLLECTIVELY KNOW MANY MORE PEOPLE WHO MAY BE ABLE TO HELP THAN I DO. LET'S TOGETHER GET THIS GIRL TO SOUTH CAROLINA!!

This is Smiley. She was confiscated from a home in a town where pit bulls are not allowed. Upon confiscation, it was discovered that the "owner" was using the dogs for fighting/bait. She is now in a shelter with NO CHANCE OF LIVING UNLESS A RESCUE CAN STEP UP FOR HER AND SHOW HER WHAT A GOOD LIFE CAN REALLY BE LIKE. Her amazing spirit and love for everyone won over the shelter staff so much that one of the staff vet's took her home while her lip healed.

This is the shelter's evaluation on her: “Smiley is very social, enjoys human contact and being with and around me. She did very well with physical exam. She does show some prey drive. I don’t recommend small pets with her. I didn’t see any food guarding issues, she's a little reluctant about her treat or toys at first but did give them to me. My only concern is her slight dog aggression. She is a dominant female and needs to be in control of the other dog. If the other dog doesn't come calmly she starts to growl, gets aroused and may even start something. Therefore I recommend her being the only dog in the home at this time. She may become less controlling if someone works with her but that will take time in a steady household and work on that behavior.”

Smiley did well in the vet's house with her big Mastiff boy. Whenever Smiley gets in his face, he just ignores her. The problem, though, is that if she is housed with another dominant dog, she may not back down.

Sending Rescue: Mid Atlantic Bully Rescue
> Contact: TAMMY GOSHOFF
> Email: [email protected]
>> Ph: 410-913-5540
>> Location: Baltimore Maryland
>> Receiving Rescue: Noah’s Arks Animal Rescue – DIRECTLY TO VET IN CLINTON,
> SC
>> Contact: Jennifer Smith
>> Email: [email protected]
>> Passenger name: Smiley
> Breed: Pit bull
>> Age: Approx 5
>> Weight: approx 60-70lbs
>> Gender: Female
> Altered:
>> Physical Description: abused, bait dog. Brown.
>> Personality: OK with people.
>> Ok with kids/cats/other dogs?
> Reason for Transport: MEDICAL
> Crate provided? no
> Secure collar or harness and leash must be provided.
> > Vaccinations: UTD on rabies, DHLPP, bordetella
> Health Certificate: Yes
>> Known medical/behavioral problems:

>> Monday January 17th - Baltimore Maryland to Clinton SC
>> Transport Coordinator: GAYLE FRALEY
>> E-mail: [email protected]
>
> If you can assist with this transport, please contact me directly
> at [email protected]

> *A few minutes have been left between legs for potty breaks and transfers.*
>> Monday, January 17th
>> SMILEY
>> Leg 1: Baltimore MD to Newington Va - FILLED by Gayle
>> 64 miles/ 1 hour 15 min/ 7:00 am -8:15 am
>>
> Leg 2: Newington VA to Emporia VA - FILLED BY KATIE thank you!!
>> 164 miles/ 2 hour 15 min/ 8:30-10:45am

> Leg 3: EMPORIA, VA TO ROCKY MOUNT NC NEEDED
>> 61 miles/ 1 hour / 11:00am - 12:00 noon
>
> Leg 4: Rocky Mount NC to Greensboro NC - FILLED BY FEARNA - thank you!!
>> 133 miles, 2 hours 45 minutes/12:15 - 3:00 pm
>>
> Leg 5: GREENSBORO NC TO CHARLOTTE NC - NEEDED
>> 93 miles, 1 hour 30 min/ 3:15 - 4:45pm
>
> Leg #6: CHARLOTTE NC TO SPARTANSBURG SC - NEEDED
>> 164 miles, 2 hours 45 minutes/ 5:00 - 7:45pm
>>
> Leg #7: SPARTANSBURG SC TO CLINTON SC - NEEDED
>> 83 miles, 1 hour 25 minutes/ 8:00-9:30pm
>> THANK YOU EVERYONE!!
Attachments
mailSmiley.jpg
Please Help Smiley!
mailSmiley.jpg (7.72 KiB) Viewed 710 times

Jon Wells
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes

Re: MEDICAL TRANSPORT, Emporia, VA to Clinton SC

Post by Jon Wells » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:41 pm

Appears the weather and availability could work for Saturday, January 22nd. Emporia, VA airport to Clinton, SC (Laurens County Airport). Can she so in a medium crate (For safety purposes)? I don't have a leash, collar. Tell me more....

Jon Wells :plane:
JW
N3307R Cessna 182
Airline Transport Pilot (ATP)- CFI/CFII/MEI/CFI-G

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:55 pm

Jon Wells wrote:Appears the weather and availability could work for Saturday, January 22nd. Emporia, VA airport to Clinton, SC (Laurens County Airport). Can she so in a medium crate (For safety purposes)? I don't have a leash, collar. Tell me more....
Jon Wells :plane:
Jon, the person working on this transport is not available through the PNP board right now but her email is
Gayle Fraley [email protected]

I have sent your contact information and your note to her privately. I am sure she will be emailing you shortly. Thank you for your kind offer and I hope the two of you can work together to transport this poor girl.

Note to pilots, if you need crates, harnesses, collars or leashes I have them available to ship to you. Please contact me at [email protected]

Debi

Jon Wells

Post by Jon Wells » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:13 pm

All set for Saturday, January 22nd. Changed departure to AVC (South Boston), VA to Laurens County, SC (LUX). Everything is a go, should be an easy trip...will report tomorrow.
JW
N3307R Cessna 182

Jon Wells

Post by Jon Wells » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:33 pm

All done, we got Smiley to Clinton, SC safely....was a good flight, she slept all the way.
JW
N3307R Cessna 182

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Thank you Jon for getting Smiley to safe harbor. Did you take any pics of her sleeping :D If so, please send them to me at [email protected]

Debi

Jon Wells

Post by Jon Wells » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Unfortnately, I was alone, and she was in a large crate with a large pillow bottom behind me, so I couldn't get any shots. Sorry, I have other pics, but not of her sleeping.
JW
N3307R Cessna 182