DONE: TRANSPORT FOR PUP FROM WEST ROME, GA TO TROUTMAN, NC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
djhill

DONE: TRANSPORT FOR PUP FROM WEST ROME, GA TO TROUTMAN, NC

Post by djhill » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:12 am

TRANSPORT COMPLETED!!!
Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Lab mix, 15 lbs, 12 weeks
Health Condition: good
Heart worm Status: too young for test
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: Done
Spay/Neutered: will be done by receiving rescue
Special needs:
Name of Sending & Receiving Rescue/Parties: Darla Hill/Ironstone Lane Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): 704-431-7358 or [email protected]
Additional Info/situation:
I pulled this pup from Rome, GA shelter and it is sitting in a boarding facility awaiting transport. I had transport for him and they backed out on the last day as their route had changed. This poor baby needs to get out of boarding into a loving, caring home ASAP.
Last edited by admin on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic icon

johnmorgan

Re: TRANSPORT FOR PUP FROM WEST ROME, GA TO TROUTMAN, NC

Post by johnmorgan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:46 pm

WHAT AIRPORT IS TROUTMAN NC NEAR?

JOHN MORGAN

770-823-1713

johnmorgan

Post by johnmorgan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:52 pm

I see that Troutman is near Statesville. I can do the flight on Fri 1-28 or Sat 1-29

John Morgan

djhill

Post by djhill » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:46 pm

John
It is near Statesville, about 20 minutes to the airport. Now I have 3 pups there. Would you be able to bring all 3?? All babies. All vetted/boarded at a vet office. And Would someone need to bring them to an airport near West Rome, GA?? I have never used this service before and not sure how it works....

Thank you so much

johnmorgan

Post by johnmorgan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:40 am

Yes;

I could bring all 3. I need the size of the othertwo? can two dogs go in one crate? You need to contact the shelter in West Rome to see if they have volunteers to bring the dogs to the airport. The dogs need to have all their medical papers. Do not feed them the morning of the flight. When you have it arranged then I need cell phone numbers for the pick up and drop off contacts. Also I need to know if this is Fri or Sat. flight.

djhill

Post by djhill » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Sorry it took so long to reply back....was waiting to hear back from the shelter that the 3rd pup got to the clinic. The smallest pup is less than 5 lbs, just a teenie thing. One is 25 lbs and the other is 30 lbs. They will all be utd on vaccines and health certificates. And I talked to a transporter who said they would get the pups to the airport - but need to know which airport is best for you. Also need a contact phone number for you.

I am not sure how this all works...as i said before as i am new to posting. How much is it for you to bring them up?? I can send you pics of the pups also. Is there an email address that works best for you?? I also can include you in the emails between me and the transporters. Of course, I will pick up in Statesville.

Thank you

johnmorgan

Post by johnmorgan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:44 pm

There is no charge for the transport. PnP is a tax deductible charity

cell # 770-823-1713
[email protected]

We set a time to meet at Rome Ga airport Sat morning and then the flight is about 1 hour aand a half give or take 15 min so we can let it warm up some and give the W. Rome contact person time to get the dogs then meet there around 11:00 am and be in Statesville NC airport around 12:30 or so.

John Morgan

djhill

Post by djhill » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:57 pm

I copied and fwded your email address with cell number to the people in Rome who will be working the transport. THey are going to crosspost you on those email. They had asked if another rescue dog coming to the same area could hitch a ride on the flight too. I do not have the information on that dog and if you dont have room for a 4th pup that is fine, they will set up ground transport for the other dog.

Thank you again....this is such a relief that I will finally be getting the pups out of boarding.

johnmorgan

Post by johnmorgan » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:02 am

How large is the 4th pup.

Please resond all on direct email to me rather than through the site. You will be blocked initially but I will let you through when I see it.

djhill

Post by djhill » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:13 pm

Actually Sir,
The 4th pup cancelled.....they have more than just him going to the same place, so he is getting ground transportation with the others. But, Thank you so much!!!!