Service organization breeder needs ride in May, 2011

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
bdrumm6140

Service organization breeder needs ride in May, 2011

Post by bdrumm6140 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:12 am

Number of animals being transported:1
Breeds, weight, age:Lab/golden cross, weighs 65 pounds, 4 years old
Health Condition:Excellent
Heart worm Status:Negative
Vaccinations:Current
Health Certificate:Yes
Spay/Neutered:Intact female breeder for Canine Companions for Independence
Special needs:None
Name of Sending & Receiving Rescue/Parties:Betty Drumm/Canine Companions for Independence
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum):707 889-4518
Additional Info/situation: I have been living in Santa Rosa, CA and have been the breeder caretaker for three dogs. CCI is an organization (CCI.org) that raises dogs to be service animals for people with all disabilities except blindness. They have been in operation for over 30 years. I am now moving to the Memphis area and have to transport her back for her next heat cycle (approximately May). She would not be pregnant at the time of transport. The puppies must be born in the Santa Rosa area. HELP :)

planeperson

Re: Service organization breeder needs ride in May, 2011

Post by planeperson » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:05 am

Betty,
I am willing to help by either:
1. Flying to the Memphis area and then returning to 6M2, Horseshoe Bend, AR to met someone that will continue west.
2. Start from 6M2 with the dog and and move her a 100 nm or so to the west to met the next transporter.

Planeperson

Sundance

Post by Sundance » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:02 pm

I can fly the last leg to Santa rosa depending on the dates involved. She'll either come from the north through Nevada or south through Arizona or Vegas. Let me know how this unfolds...

Bruce

bdrumm6140

Post by bdrumm6140 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:53 pm

Thank you so much for the speedy reply. This is my first attempt at this, so I am a bit confused. As I understand it there will be several legs to the journey. Do I Just wait for more replies like yours or is there something else I should be doing. I reallly appreciate your help as does China.

Thank you,
Betty

planeperson

Post by planeperson » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:04 am

Betty,

I too am very new at this. So for what it is worth I recommend you get in touch with Kim Kleppel. Her e-mail is: [email protected] . She was the "TRANSPORT COORDINATOR" that worked my last trip and did an outstanding job. I an sure she could offer some help.

Planeperson

bdrumm6140

Post by bdrumm6140 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:59 pm

Thank you very much, I will do that