Sealy found a ride to IL. Thanks to all who helped!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ktroy

Sealy found a ride to IL. Thanks to all who helped!

Post by ktroy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Sealy, a red nose Pit, is currently in animal control in Summerdale, AL. The shelter has graciously agreed to hold her for a short time until transport can be arranged to Normal, IL to "Don't bully my Breed" rescue. This is an amazing story. I live in NC and I help try to rescue animals from a local shelter. Our shelter had a husky and three other pit mixes due to be PTS that day. We sent an e-mail as a last resort to this rescue in IL, because nothing locally had worked out. This woman agreed to take all of them and they were able to be saved less than an hour before being PTS. While the animals from our shelter were being pulled, I received an e-mail about Sealy in AL that was due to be PTS any day. I sent the picture and bio to the rescue and she said she would take Sealy too! Sealy is a large dog, so would probably need an extra large crate. Very good with people and children, but not good with cats. Please help me make this miracle complete for Sealy...........this is a chance at a whole new life for him. We just need to get him home.....SOON! [map:36580-61761]
Last edited by ktroy on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

greytexplorer

Re: Sealy needs a ride from Summerdale, AL to Normal, IL

Post by greytexplorer » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:08 pm

Have you emailed any pilots that are on the route?
I can help with ground transport from Mtg northward, if needed.

PilotMaier

Post by PilotMaier » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:28 am

If I see the google on-line map correctly, there is already a flight to Huntville AL. I do not understand the abbreviation Mtg in the prior posting, but take it to be the final northern section to Normal IL. I can take the middle section from Huntsville to "Mtg", but prefer to confirm where that is. For this I can do only weekends, and the weather this weekend will not be great. Being instrument-rated I should be able to get through if the first pilot can and am flexible. We should stay in contact and exchange cell phone numbers. I do not have a big cage, and need to know whether I can take the one the dog is already in and pass on.

An alternative offer is to pick Sealy up in Huntsville, keep the dog a week, and then drop off in Normal the following weekend.

cjensen

Post by cjensen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:46 am

PilotMaier,

If you can do a leg to Evansville, or somewhere near there, I will come pick up Sealy and do the last leg to Normal. I am instrument rated, but I MUCH prefer VMC this time of year...

8-)

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:09 am

If you can arrange to get Sealy to Sparta TN I will take her the rest of the way.

There is a rescue in Cookeville that can shelter her (for a few bucks a day) but if I know when she will be there I can arrange to fly to IL the next day to save money.

If this works email me or post here and I can fill in the details. I am scheduling a transport from Sparta TN (SRB) to DuPage, west Chicago (DPA) and can stop in Normal.

I want to do this next week sometime, and I am coordinating with two sending rescues and two receiving rescues as well as the gal in Cookeville housing one of the pups.

cjensen

Post by cjensen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:48 am

Jon, if you are the one to do this, please come to Image Air (there are two FBO's here) in Bloomington/Normal (BMI). I work at the FBO, and will help in any way I can...I'll also get you my fuel discount...

I would be happy to help on the last leg with a Comanche to get Sealy here as well, but if you do it, come to Image...

:)

greytexplorer

Post by greytexplorer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:52 am

Mtg = Montgomery AL

Can someone spell out the flight plan for this pup?

cjensen

Post by cjensen » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:38 am

greytexplorer wrote:Can someone spell out the flight plan for this pup?
Yeah...sounds like we have the volunteers lined up to do this...just need the stop info...

PilotMaier

Post by PilotMaier » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:03 pm

I am based in Evansville IN KEVV where I prefer a radius of ~200 nm. From the above, I am not clear who has the 1st leg. Sounds to me if that person can make it to Sparta TN (KSRB?), that'd be the simplest option. I'm here if needed.

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:37 pm

Ktroy,

We need to hear from you. Your transport is as good as done if you can get Sealy to Sparta TN. Let us know.