Sealy found a ride to IL. Thanks to all who helped!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Emil

Re: Sealy needs a ride from Summerdale, AL to Normal, IL

Post by Emil » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:00 pm

Jon,

I have been stirring the sand here.
I have offered to to do the 1st leg from Foley, AL (5R4) to Bessemer, AL or Jasper, AL (JFX)
Another PNP pilot based in Huntsville is doing a rescue from Fayetteville, TN to Jasper Sunday 03/01
The problem is that I have not been able to contact a Rescue or Foster in Huntsville nor have I been able to find a 3rd leg pilot.

Emil

ktroy

Post by ktroy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:57 pm

Wow I am overwelmed by all of your generosity with helping Sealy. Thank you. I am sorry I am just now responding, I have been waiting to find out from the Shelter when Sealy can be pulled and what vetting needs to be done. They have been very nice but are super slow to respond via e-mail and I don't get calls back. Do you have a date in mind to transport Sealy? I do know sealy is still there though. Reading all the posts it sounds like if someone can get Sealy to TN that the pilot from TN can take Sealy into Illinois? Just let me know the date and anything else I need to do to get this flight arranged and Sealy to his new home. Again than you all I am so grateful. I have heard Sealy is a sweetie...he deserves this chance.

PilotMaier

Post by PilotMaier » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:27 am

Seems the flight arrangements are done given an off-line e-mail. Cheers!

cjensen

Post by cjensen » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:38 am

Great! Whoever brings Sealy to Normal...come see me at Image Air (KBMI)!!! I'll get you a fuel discount, and can help on the ground however I'm needed!

COOL!!

8-)

ktroy

Post by ktroy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:25 am

Update.......Emil has worked so hard to coordinate this transport to Sealy. I called the shelter today to make sure that Sealy had rabies and health cert. I spoke with Donna in Cookesville TN and Sealy may board with her until his flight from Sparta leaves. Still working on a foster for Huntsville area. The shelter is closed on Sunday, which I think is when the flight is supposed to leave. They said that people still work on Sunday though and that someone will get Sealy to the airport........hopefully will know more about that soon. Just waiting for the last details to fall in place. I will keep all of you updated. Thank you again for all of your help.

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Kylie,

How big is Sealy? I am trying to figure crate sizes required since I have various pups going from Sparta to IL.

Also, just so everybody knows the target date for the transport from KSRB (Sparta) to Normal is 3/7. Getting Sealy to Donna ahead of time is fine, but this transport has many elements and I am not only delivering to at least 2 different locations I have a passenger for the return to Knoxville so I have much less flexibility on the date of the transport. As it stands right now 3/8 is the alternate date only.

PilotMaier

Post by PilotMaier » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:51 pm

I am taking Sealy from Huntsville to Sparta after all, this coming Sunday afternoon. Please let me know cell phone numbers of the pilot going to Sparta, and the person who will pick Sealy up. I also need to know when the pilot will arrive in Huntsville, say latest by Sunday ~10 am Central.

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:52 pm

PilotM

I will be taking Sealy to DPA on 3/7 with two other pups. You be careful this Sunday. Our weather looks snotty.

greytexplorer

Post by greytexplorer » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:57 pm

Jon,
I was going to say the same thing about the weather!
Can you believe it? SNOW????

All you pilots out there, please be careful, and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayer!

ktroy

Post by ktroy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:16 pm

I sent all of you an individual e-mail. I just need to see the map out of the whole transport. Does Huntsville still need a foster? I need to know the times of when Sealy will leave on Sun and where to bring him.....Thank you all for helping with this. Have a nice day.