DONE!!marathon florida to phila pa or atlantic city nj

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
bross

Re: marathon florida to phila pa or atlantic city nj

Post by bross » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:40 pm

Tom N. wrote:This is my first PNP flight, so this may be a silly question but bear with me. Will the sending rescue be providing a crate for the pup to fly in, or do I need to provide one?
It's not a silly question at all, different rescues do it differently. Hopefully we'll hear from Barbra about that. You might want to email her directly and ask as well.

I usually use a harness that they make for cars that attaches to the seat belt, but I can understand in my planes and under may circumstances why you'd want the comfort of a crate.

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by skyking » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:11 pm

I have confirmed that the pup will be in a crate that will be transferred pilot to pilot. Whether the crate fits in each of our aircraft is always a toss up. I have removed my back seats, so crate size is not a problem. I always ask the sending rescue to use the smallest crate that the pup will be comfortable in. Almost every dog that I have transported has slept through the flight, however, I like usung crates with dogs that I am not familiar with. It only takes one sick pup to ruin an otherwise fun trip.
Another tip - make sure the people that send the dog on the first leg DO NOT feed the dog prior to the flight. A few treats are fine and make sure that you give water at each stop as well as a bathroom break.

Jeff

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Airport identifier: KMTH

Post by skyking » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:59 pm

Leg one complete!! I passed "Sunny" to Brandon at around noon today. She should be home soon.

Jeff

Tom N.
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KCDW

Post by Tom N. » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:36 pm

Sunny has landed.

Tom

admin
Site Admin
Pilot?: No

Post by admin » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:44 am

Tom N. wrote:Sunny has landed.

Tom
Great Tom and all! How did you feel about your first rescue transport? Please send pics with stories, as always, to [email protected]

Congrats to all of you this was truly a marathon flight, not just originating there! :)

Debi