FOUND//UPDATE 4/22/09/NEO/DOG LOST/OWNER KILLED/UTAH/IDAHO

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
glacier

FOUND//UPDATE 4/22/09/NEO/DOG LOST/OWNER KILLED/UTAH/IDAHO

Post by glacier » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:05 am

MISSING DOG NAMED NEO A beautiful gray and white Siberian Husky. It’s a long shot that he may come to your organization, but one never knows. Neo was in a car accident on 4-4-09 where a beautiful person “Joyce Moore” was killed.Neo stayed with Joyce until medical people arrived and then he took off. He has been sighted several times including today 4-8-09 . He appeared to be headed northwest which in the direction of his home. The accident was in Snowville Utah and home is Kelso Washington . So he could be in route anywhere from Utah . If Neo comes to your organization, even if a few months down the line, he is very much wanted by Joyce’s sister Deb Moore who can be reached at 360-636-1824. If somehow he makes it the SF Bay Area, you can also call Barb Teasdale at 415-563-3641.Neo may be hard to ‘get’. He was totally Joyce’s partner in life and is most assuredly confused and scared. He knows Joyce passed on and so far is refusing to respond to people attempting to help him.The family would be most grateful if Neo comes to you, even if it’s months/years down the line and very much would appreciate any help in recovering and reuniting with him. Please feel free to send this to any Husky or Malamute organization you know.THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE. (Newspaper Article) St. John nurse dies in Utah crash Tuesday, April 7, 2009 12:17 PM PDTBy Amy M.E. Fischer
A local critical care nurse was killed in a car accident Saturday afternoon near Snowville, Utah, while driving cross-country to see her new grandson.

Joyce A. Moore, a registered nurse at St. John Medical Center in Longview and Legacy Salmon Creek Hospital in Vancouver, was driving east through Utah on Interstate 84 when she rounded a curve and drifted into the median, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. She overcorrected into the eastbound lanes, and her blue 2006 Kia Spectra rolled over into the median. Moore, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was flung from the car, the UHP said.

Moore, 47, was transported to Bear River Valley Hospital, where she later died.

According to ksl.com, a dog was with Moore when the ambulance arrived. Bystanders tried to catch the dog, but it ran off.

Deborah Moore, the victim’s sister, said Joyce Moore left Kelso on Friday night with her Siberian Husky. She was driving to her son’s residence in Rochester Hills, Mich., for the birth of her grandson.

The baby was born “just about the same time she died,” Deborah Moore said Monday.

“Why she wasn’t wearing a seatbelt, I have no idea. She always did,” said Moore, who shared a house in Kelso with her sister.

The dog, named Neo, has been sighted since the accident, but no one’s been able to catch him, Moore said.

“He won’t be caught unless he wants to be caught,” she said of the dog, which is 8 or 9 years old.

Two of Joyce Moore’s co-workers from Legacy hospital are traveling to Utah to lay flowers at the crash site and try to corral Neo and bring him home, she said.

Shawnee Smith, a registered nurse at St. John’s Intensive Care Unit, said the news of Moore’s death was “pretty shocking to everybody.”

“It’s horrible,” Smith said Monday. “She was a very energetic, vibrant, outgoing person. She’s one of those people who walks in a room and makes it a brighter place.”

Moore had worked in the ICU for two years, she said.

According to St. John’s spokesman Randy Querin, a memorial service will be held for Moore at 5 p.m. Wednesday in the hospital chapel.

She has been cremated, her sister said.
I do not know Joyce or her sister Deb, but would like to get the word out about Neo. I was not able to get the photos to post, so if anyone would like photos of Neo, please email me privately at [email protected] Thanks for keeping your eyes open for this beautiful scared boy. He could be anywhere. Lynn in Idaho

[map:84336-84336]5014[/map]
Last edited by glacier on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

glacier

Re: PLEASE WATCH/DOG LOST/OWNER KILLED/UTAH/IDAHO AREA

Post by glacier » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi All, I have been in contact with Barbara and with Joyce's sister (Deb Moore). When Neo is found and caught, I have offered to foster him until he can be reunited with his family. I have also contacted every rescue group, sheriff's dept, state patrol, shelters, the area newspapers and tv stations, ranch stores, truck stops, etc that I can think of. Please pass this info on to anyone in the areas of Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, Oregon and Washington; even Montana. As we know, Sibes can cover a very long distance in a very short time and are very friendly dogs. Someone may have picked him up already and he may be anywhere. Please copy this page of post's and feel free to put in your local post office, hospitals, grocery stores, etc. Every little bit helps and may save Neo's life. When he is found, perhaps we will be able to get him to me or even better to Joyce's sister Deb via PNP's volunteers. Thank You. Lynn

richclover

Post by richclover » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:31 pm

Let us know if you hear anything, Lynn. We'll be in the air, or the truck, quickly.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:50 pm

Lynn,

I will share this with my rescue groups and my Morgan horse lists. Hopefully Neo will be found and we can get him back home to his family. Very sad story and the family and this pup are in my prayers. Please do keep us updated. If a pilot is needed, Rich has already said he is on standby and I am sure other pilots would be as well.

Debi

glacier

Post by glacier » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Thank you Debi. This just brings tears to my eyes and heart. This could be any of us. This area where the accident happened is wide open desert and ranchland; very few people live in this area. This beautiful dog must be hungry and very scared by now. I pray that someone does not think he is a wolf. I'll keep you updated if I hear of anything. Pilots flying over this area (the Utah/Idaho border at I-84) and towards Burley and Twin Falls, Idaho, please let someone know if you spot him. I was just reading the posts on ksl.com, and there is a number for Lt. Lea Perry 435-720-3029. I would assume this is one of the responding officers to the accident. The number for Joyce's sister, Deb Moore is: 360-636-1824; Barbara is 415-563-3641 and I can be contacted at 208-578-1123. If anyone would like to post a flyer with photos, email me and I will forward the link on to you. Lynn [email protected]

glacier

Post by glacier » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:56 pm

Hi All, Please still keep your eyes open and keep passing the word on about NEO. He has been spotted and seems to be working his way towards home in Washington. Per Joyce's (the woman killed) sister, Deb, as of last night, she emailed me and said NEO is thought to be traveling about 20 mi per day and is wearing a collar (possibly blue) and probably has a leash attached. NEO is about 8-9 yrs old and is a beautiful gray and white Siberian Husky; very friendly. Siberians like to run and are hard to catch, ususally they will come on their own terms (I know, I have a rescued one). I have spent the past 4 days (about 12 hours per day) (emailing, faxing and phoning) contacting everyone I can think of, every business, truck stop, shelter, rescue groups, media, State Parks, National Forrest Service offices, BLM offices, etc. from Utah to the Vale/Burns, Oregon area. I am hoping that NEO will get very tired and hungry and will approach someone for food. I have offered to hop in the car and go get him when he is found and foster him until he can be reunited with Joyce's sister. Even if someone spots him and lets us know, that would be helpful. This area he is traveling through is so vast and is desert and ranchland. Let's all pray for his safety and return home. I think he may be in the Twin Falls area and I have been contacting more places today in that area and in Jackpot, NV. Thank You all for your help and concern. Lynn

glacier

Post by glacier » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:06 pm

Neo1.jpg
Neo1.jpg (24.74 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
Neo2.jpg
Neo2.jpg (21.47 KiB) Viewed 1367 times
Finally, I was able to get the photos to post; I had problems earlier. This is Neo and his owner that was killed, Joyce. Again, thanks for all of your help. Lynn

glacier

UPDATE 4/13/09/DOG LOST/OWNER KILLED/UTAH/IDAHO AREA

Post by glacier » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Channel 7/Boise KTVB.com did wonderful spots on the 5 and 6 pm news today for Neo and may be doing another one at 10pm this evening. You can also go to their website and see one of spots. I spoke with the reporter right after the 5pm news and he said the station received a call from a man swearing he saw NEO in Meridian (Boise area) on Friday. Deb Moore (the victim's sister) emailed me a few minutes ago and said she received a call of someone spotting him in Filer (Twin Falls area). She also said her area TV has also pick this up. Rich Clover (our wonderful Evanston, Wy PNP pilot) just emailed me saying KSL in Salt Lake also did a news spot on Neo today. I hope anyone with any sightings will call, so we can see if there is a pattern here as to where the sightings are. I BELIEVE THAT NEO WILL BE FOUND AND REUNITED WITH JOYCE'S SISTER. Thank you all for your help and please keep the networking, updates and prayers going for Joyce, Deborah and Neo. When Neo is caught, are there any pilots that would be able to assist with getting him to his home in Kelso, Washington? That is North of Portland on the Oregon/Washington border. Lynn (in the area of Sun Valley, Idaho) ([email protected])

richclover

Re: UPDATE 4/13/09/NEO/DOG LOST/OWNER KILLED/UTAH/IDAHO AREA

Post by richclover » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Good work, Lynn!

Thanks for the word that Neo has been found safe is is on his way home by way of yours!

It's a ray of sunshine in an otherwise very sad story. We'll look forward to the details!

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: UPDATE 4/13/09/NEO/DOG LOST/OWNER KILLED/UTAH/IDAHO AREA

Post by admin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:13 pm

Rich, did we miss something here? I don't see a post from Lynn saying Neo was found? I pray this is true??

Debi