I need a lift to my new forever home

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
dchenarides
Zip Code: 29526
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KHYW
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Re: I need a lift to my new forever home

Post by dchenarides » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:37 pm

Thanks Rick for checking on on this. Probably important for all pilots flying rescues into MA.

Doug, ok for Caldwell to Worcester (or another airport) for Saturday. But something has come up regarding my availability to fly later in the day. If I can not be back to Poughkeepsie by 5PM, I will need to board the dog overnight Saturday and fly it to Worcester Sunday morning. So it will depend on when Doug plans to arrive at Caldwell.

Dean
Dean Chenarides
PA28-161 Piper Cherokee
C: 914-474-1471
IFR

DougWeir
Zip Code: 10024
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KCDW

Post by DougWeir » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:35 pm

I could definitely work with you to try to get back to CDW early enough for you to do the 3rd leg same day. Obviously depends on when I pick up myself.

At this point I guess we need confirmation that Rick can do the first leg and Michelle can find a shelter to work with us.

Best
Doug
Doug Weir, CFI, ATP
Saratoga Springs, NY (5B2)
Grumman Tiger - N414DJ
Cell: 917-208-1172

dchenarides

Post by dchenarides » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Thanks Doug, I know it's kind of out of your hands. We'll see how this develops.
Regards,
Dean
Dean Chenarides
PA28-161 Piper Cherokee
IFR

RickG
Zip Code: 27705
Airport identifier: 8NC8
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by RickG » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:08 pm

Nothing back from the State offices re: how this new law (potentially) impacts us as "transporters" into Massachusetts. Until I hear otherwise I'm going to pass on transfers going into MA.
Durham, NC (8NC8)
C172E VFR
93 rescue flights ... 347 dogs ... and 53 cats!

DougWeir
Zip Code: 10024
Airport identifier: KCDW

Post by DougWeir » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Who did you call Rick?
Doug Weir, CFI, ATP
Saratoga Springs, NY (5B2)
Grumman Tiger - N414DJ
Cell: 917-208-1172

shastalee

Post by shastalee » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi gentlemen, I have looked at all the links provided by Rick, I have connected with a few approved qurantine approved facilities in my area, that are listed as out of state animal qualified. They ARE on the list provide in one of Ricjs Links. I did look for the regulations and as I understand as long as the dog had Rabies shot, as well as being up to date on other shots per dogs age, and a vet signed Health cert, the dog is set to travel. once here the animal generally goes to 48 quarantine. However I did find in the sec ond like at the bottomof page one the following entry. "This order DOES NOT apply to individuals brining thier own pets from other state or to individuals who are permanently adopting animals from out of state shelters." and on the top of page 2 thre following " This order DOES apply to animals brought into the state to be FOSTERED. I think the issue isnt really travel or isolation but rather if the animal is beine temporarily fostered in the state vs being a permanent pet. I do expect to speak with a facility on the list in the AM... I hope this is of help to all.. I will call NC shelter and see if EDDIE can be pulled from shelter and brought to the vet for his Health Cert to fly... I will keep you all posted, as soon as I hear something.. Thank you all so much for your time and willingness to help me.

Michelle

dchenarides

Post by dchenarides » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:19 am

Hi Doug,
I am available saturday. Just note that if you arrive late at caldwell, i'll have to board the dog overnight and deliver sunday am.

Can we confirm this rescue is on?

Regards, Dean
Dean Chenarides
PA28-161 Piper Cherokee
IFR

dchenarides

Post by dchenarides » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:09 am

Michelle,
I read your note and looks like you did some good research. Let me know asap if you're going to move the dog tomorrow as we will all need to make arrangements and coordinate our flight times. Don't hesitate to call me direct any time.
Dean
914-474-1471
Dean Chenarides
PA28-161 Piper Cherokee
IFR

shastalee

Post by shastalee » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:35 am

I am witing on confirmation of move to the vet, for health cert, I will keep you posted.. again thank you.

shastalee

Post by shastalee » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:27 pm

Good evening all, I just wanted to say am so thankful for all the effort and time that is being put into this rescue. I aslo wanted to check and see if Eddie/Bandit caught his first plane as I have not heard anything.... I know we were aiming to have him fly with a few other dogs today, anyone have a statuse update... Safe Flying everyone.

Thanks again
Michelle