DESPERATELY TRYING TO GET TO BUFFALO, WY FROM D/FW AREA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Sadie.Zorra

Re: DESPERATELY TRYING TO GET TO SHERIDAN, WY FROM D/FW AREA

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:06 pm

Just got back from getting shots updated and neg on heartworm on both. Shocked to discover the girls weigh more than I had thought, Zorra is 74 pounds and Sadie is 88 pounds :o I hope this doesn't present a problem. I will get that confirmed when I go for the health certificates.

Sadie.Zorra

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:14 pm

Hey Russell,
Vet was able to push our appointment back to 5:30 to give me a chance to hear back from you on Saturday's plan. If your unable to get back with me before 4:45 then I'll just cancel and shoot for next weekend or when your schedule allows. I want you to do what's best for you and the girls so we can hold off another week or two. :D Thanks again.

Sadie.Zorra

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 am

You were right Russell! Rain, rain and more rain.. Texas weather, got to love it! Will be looking to hear from you when the weather is more cooperative. Hopefully this weekend gives you a chance to rest up. I see you do a lot of flying for PNP!
Last edited by Sadie.Zorra on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sadie.Zorra

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:41 am

Russell,
I know how weather can change and know you do other transports. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get these girls on their way. My only concern is with health certificates being that they are only good for 10 days. Being at the mercy of Texas weather that can really add up. I noticed Texas doesn't really have many guide lines for leaving the state and the certificates aren't one of them. I contacted Julianne about WY requirements the vet let her know that health certificates are only required for commercial flights. I have all their other paper work, shot records and heartworm results that I got yesterday. They both are in good health, just need to get to their new home to start their shedding those extra pounds! PNP site states the certificates are recommended, to check state requirements. Since I'm new at all this, is that all you require?
Thanks,
Sandy

Sadie.Zorra

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Looking at the forecast for D/FW area and Buffalo, WY. Our weather seems to be nice all through the week, Buffalo though seems doubtful except for Friday. What do you suggest? This is my first time doing this so I'm still unsure about the health certificates. If you absolutely need them then I will get them for you. Just need a little heads up to get them.

Thank you,
Sandy

flyhy
Zip Code: 80403
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: DESPERATELY TRYING TO GET TO BUFFALO, WY FROM D/FW AREA

Post by flyhy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:57 pm

I fly out of Denver (BJC) and could possibly help here if it is still needed. I have an airplane scheduled on Friday and also on Sunday. I also have a foster here in the Denver area.

Dave Whitney

Sadie.Zorra

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks so much for your offer. Russell was going to take them last weekend but we were rained out. I sent him an email. because I'm not sure exactly what our next step is. Would you be traveling towards WY or south? I'm new to this and I was trying to get information about health certificates also. What the requirements actually are? I will get them if they are necessary.

flyhy
Zip Code: 80403
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by flyhy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:55 pm

I could take them from Denver to Buffalo if Russell got them here.

Dave

russellfletcher

Post by russellfletcher » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:29 pm

Friday might be a possibility. And don't worry about the health certificates.

Russell

russellfletcher

Post by russellfletcher » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:30 pm

When flying to Denver, i normally go to Centennial because it has a good price on fuel. Is that a problem?

Russell