DESPERATELY TRYING TO GET TO BUFFALO, WY FROM D/FW AREA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Sadie.Zorra

Re: DESPERATELY TRYING TO GET TO BUFFALO, WY FROM D/FW AREA

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:06 pm

My girls have now earned their wings! Thanks to Russell Fletcher, out of Terrell, Texas, Sadie and Zorra are on their way to their new home with their forever mom and dad, Julianne and Nate. I can never thank you enough for all that you have done for my girls. Russell you have been the answer to so many prayers and I for one will never forget you. Even Sadie, who can be a bit leery of men, gave him a kiss as he was getting her into her seat for the flight. Dogs always know when they are around people who care. I hope they behave themselves for you, they have never flown or been on that long of a trip. Safe journey on this and every life saving mission you run! A million times over thank you!

Sandy

russellfletcher

Post by russellfletcher » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:53 am

They made it just fine Sandy. It was an adventure to say the least. We had horrible headwinds (50MPH), so what should have taken 6 1/2 hours, took 9 and I had to stop for fuel in Cheyenne WY on the way to Buffalo. Julianne was so nice and was a pleasure to meet. It was pretty bumpy for half the way and you could tell they were nervous, and near the end, Sadie put her paw on my shoulder and gave me the "please pet me" look. But they did fine on the flight and seemed pretty happy to see Julianne. I am so glad I got to help out.

I just got to the house minutes ago and am very tired, so I will talk to you later.

Russell

Sadie.Zorra

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:27 am

Yeah Julianne told me about the headwinds, I'm so sorry you were delayed. I have to say when I heard you were having some issues with the weather I was pretty worried and on edge. I was thrilled to get the text from Julianne when you touched down. She said the first thing she saw was the dogs tails wagging when she saw your plane. She told me about Sadie and the paw on your shoulder. The kiss she gave you and the paw on the shoulder must of been her way of thanking you, that or she has a big crush on you lol. Oh and sorry Zorra had to go changing seats on you, I'm sure that didn't help much. But when I saw her paws on the back of Sadie's seat I had a feeling she might attempt to get closer to Sadie.
I've been up and down most the night waiting to see if you made it home. Thank you for taking the time to let me know you made it,I'm so relieved . I have no doubt that with what you do to save the lives of mans best friends, you have angels that fly along side you. I'm going back to bed as well now that I know your safe. I'll run my mouth tomorrow letting you know again how great we think you are. Thanks doesn't even begin to cover the gratitude we feel for what you have done for us. It's all we have but know it's very heart felt. :D

Thank you Russell,

Sandy

russellfletcher

Post by russellfletcher » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:52 pm

I am gald to help Sandy!!

Russell