DESPERATELY TRYING TO GET TO BUFFALO, WY FROM D/FW AREA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Sadie.Zorra

DESPERATELY TRYING TO GET TO BUFFALO, WY FROM D/FW AREA

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Number of animals being transported:2
Breeds, weight, age:Blue Heeler mix 74 pounds 7yrs, Australian Shepherd mix 88 pounds 10 yrs
Health Condition: good for both
Heart worm Status:neg for both
Vaccinations: up to date
Health Certificate:will obtain before leaving
Spay/Neutered:yes for both
Special needs:may require help getting into plane
Name of Sending & Receiving Rescue/Parties:SENDER:Sandy Clark RECEIVER:Julianne Alley their forever mom
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum):[email protected]
Are you a 501c3:no
Additional Info/situation:Neither of us is part of a "rescue organization" I am currently their mom, due to chronic asthma and COPD I can no longer keep them. I could not find a rescue organization to take them, they said all their fosters are full. They were in the Bedford Animal Shelter where my daughter took them, unaware to the both of us this was a kill shelter. Once their new mom spotted our story and their pictures she knew they were going to be part of her family in WY. Both my girls were on an adoptable/non adoptable list, meaning that if the shelter became over crowded they were among the first to be put down due to their ages. They also wouldn't be able to notify me if this were the case because they are not staffed to do so. My time is growing short we have already contacted quiet a few transporters and have found they work only with shelters and rescues. If I put them back in the shelter they may never see their new home! While at the shelter they were both kept together in a small kennel meant for one dog. But they endured laying in their own mess just to stay together. It's very difficult to place older animals, much less place them together. SO PLEASE WON'T YOU HELP US OR POINT US TO SOMEONE WHO CAN. The forever family is also willing to meet with someone in DENVER if this helps! Johnson County Airport (KBYG) is one of the closest airports to the family wanting to adopt them and from what I understand offers discounted fuel.
Attachments
my babies.jpg
Last edited by Sadie.Zorra on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Twoby20

Re: DESPERATELY TRYING TO GET TO SHERIDAN, WY FROM D/FW AREA

Post by Twoby20 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:02 pm

Potentially have a pilot for Texas to Colorado Springs on February 11, 12, or 13th. Looking for pilot from Colorado Springs to Sheridan, WY.

Thanks!

Sampsonsmom

Post by Sampsonsmom » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:39 pm

I so understand as I am in the same position trying to get my pup from Washington State to Greeley CO I could drive down to Colorado Springs and bring the dogs up to Greeley if needed. I know thats not a flight BUT that would almost get them to Cheyenne as I am just 50 miles south of there. Let me know if I can help hopefully you'll get the flight you need but if not drop me a line. :)

Sadie.Zorra

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:14 pm

That would be great!! Once I get confirmation on the flight I will certainly keep you posted and let you know. Thank you for your help :D

Sadie.Zorra

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:05 am

Still waiting on pilot confirmation from Dallas, TX to Colorado Springs, CO. Trying to get these two Texas girls to their new forever home in Sheridan WY. I know it's a long trip, but any help is greatly appreciated :)

Sampsonsmom

Post by Sampsonsmom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:12 am

Have you gone to the map of where the pilots are located and emailed any of them directly to see if they may be available and or willing?

Sadie.Zorra

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:58 am

Didn't know anything about that I'm new at all this! Was waiting for a response from Sharon to see if we were still on. But I will look into that. Thanks for your suggestions.

Sadie.Zorra

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Sent a few emails to pilots from around my area in Texas and a couple in Colorado Springs. Thanks for the suggestions, new to this and didn't want to step on any toes. :)

Sampsonsmom

Post by Sampsonsmom » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:03 pm

GOOD LUCK!

Sadie.Zorra

Post by Sadie.Zorra » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks, looks like everything is going good for your baby! That is awesome. Still working to get the girls to their new home. Haven't gotten a confirmation on their Dallas to Colorado Springs trip so beginning to get a bit discouraged :( I don't give up easy though!