All dogs found a ride via ground transport. Thanks

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ktroy

All dogs found a ride via ground transport. Thanks

Post by ktroy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Two of the four dogs (Bernie and Betty) were able to go home on a ground transport, but I still have two labs that need to go to Silver Spings MD, by next weekend.
These dogs were recently pulled out of York County AC. Two of the dogs are labs and are going to a lab rescue in Silver Srings, MD. The other two dogs are GSD mixes going to a German Shepherd rescue in MD. We are willing to drive the dogs anywhere within an 1-2 hour distance in order for them to get on a flight. The dogs are about 40-50 lbs and need to ride harnessed. Due to their size they will probably have to be transported on different flights. I am hoping that they might be able to fly two at a time depending on the size of the plane. The dogs need to be moved as soon as possible, due to the mounting boarding costs the rescues are paying. These dogs were all pulled at the very last minute from AC. After all they have been through they really deserve a chance at a new life. We just need a ride to get them there! Thanks so much for your help.

[map:28201-20901]5425[/map]
Attachments
A029021_BILL-PB_Choc_Lab._2_yr.jpg
Bill chcolate lab
A029021_BILL-PB_Choc_Lab._2_yr.jpg (37.07 KiB) Viewed 260 times
A029176.jpg
Yellow lab
A029176.jpg (9.89 KiB) Viewed 260 times
Last edited by ktroy on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

jksimmer
Zip Code: 28075
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 28A
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 2 dogs needing a ride from CLT, NC to MD

Post by jksimmer » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:11 pm

If you still need transport and they can ride together, I may be able to make this trip the weekend of May 16th. I can get close to Silver Springs but cannot land in Silver Springs due to the restricted flight area around Washington. Indian Head, MD (2W5) looks like the best destination choice at the moment.