Accomplished-English Setter- BurlingtonNC 27215 to Mt Holly

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
InKindnessToAnimals
Zip Code: 27572
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: English Setter- BurlingtonNC 27215 to Mt Holly NJ 08060

Post by InKindnessToAnimals » Mon May 18, 2009 5:25 am

Hi Tom,

I sent contact info to you private email for you to complile a list- Thanks!

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK

Post by DJK3737T » Mon May 18, 2009 10:54 am

Good morning, everyone. I may have the chance to move this up a few days -- I'm looking at taking an afternoon off in order to combine this with another transport from the same area. The weather looks good, while weekends have been a bit unreliable as yet.

I've also had a conflict come up that would complicate my flying down to Burlington on Saturday -- I have to go to Connecticut to pick up a dog that WE are adopting!

Rhonda, I'm going to write to you privately to see whether Cooper could be ready to go either tomorrow (Tuesday) or Wednesday afternoon. My apologies to one and all if I'm screwing up your plans, but there are a lot of other dogs down that way who need to be moved. One of those is a Dalmatian puppy who needs to get from the vicinity of Anderson, South Carolina to the same airport in Connecticut that we'll be travelling to. If anyone is inclined to pick him (or her?) up and meet us in Frederick early Saturday afternoon, we could combine those flights as well. Details should be posted soon.

If it doesn't work out for either of the next two days, then at least y'all are already thinking about it. My availability for the first leg might be questionable, though.

Thanks, all.

-- DJK

Tom N.
Airport identifier: KCDW

Post by Tom N. » Mon May 18, 2009 4:28 pm

Hello all,

David's message earlier this AM comes as a bit of a relief, if it works out. This morning, the plane I fly had to go in for some unscheduled maintenance, and so I am going to have to back out of the transport for this Saturday.

I hope things work out for Cooper with David. My apologies for backing out like this.

If things do not work out, I may have access to an alternate plane during the week (not next weekend, unfortunately) so please let me know.

Best,

Tom

DJK3737T
Airport identifier: KFDK

Post by DJK3737T » Mon May 18, 2009 5:45 pm

No worries, Tom. Barring an unforeseen squawk of my own, it looks as though we're going to roll tomorrow. It will be a fairly long day, but I'll have nice weather and lots of daylight.

If something slips up, I'll put you back on the list, and I'm sure I'll wind up coordinating other flights with you. Thanks for the offer!

Best,

-- DJK

InKindnessToAnimals

Post by InKindnessToAnimals » Mon May 18, 2009 5:57 pm

David,
I can work with you whenever the schedule permits.. I will talk with you later this evening about the details. I have notified the recieving end also so we are all in the loop.

Tom, thank you so much for offering your help. I totally understand your situation- thanks again to all of you who stand in the plight to get these animals to their destiny. : )

keckjet

Post by keckjet » Tue May 19, 2009 8:31 am

David,

Thank you for being willing to fly the entire leg. Please email me directly at [email protected] or call me at 336-451-0448 if things don't work out during the week. I may not be able to go all the way to Carroll Co., but could likely meet up near Fredericksburg if need be on Saturday.

-Daniel

InKindnessToAnimals

Post by InKindnessToAnimals » Wed May 20, 2009 2:14 am

Cooper left out with Pilot David Kenny yesterday with clear blue skies!! They arrived safetly to their destiny and Cooper's adopted mom was there and they had a great meeting. Many thanks to Pilot David for flying this baby. Cooper has settled in well and we are very grateful for PnP and Pilot David for volunteering to take this sweet boy to his new home!! Great job, David!!