Please Save Potter Pooh

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
shane.torgerson
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Please Save Potter Pooh

Post by shane.torgerson » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:12 pm

I might be able to do a Junction - Roswell Leg. I have a 172 so even that is a very long flight for me. If someone else with a faster plane wants to take the leg feel free. The earliest I could do it however is 8/5

stevewalters

Post by stevewalters » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:32 pm

If you route him through eastern Colorado I can fly from Pueblo or Lamar to Cheyenne or Laramie.

shane.torgerson

Post by shane.torgerson » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:18 pm

If he goes through Pueblo, the furthest I am willing to go at this point is Amarillo.

admin
Site Admin
Pilot?: No

Post by admin » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Sharon, it is great that you have set up a facebook page for Potter Pooh. I see that donations are being accepted as well which will certainly help.

I know this has been discussed previously but with time being critical to get Potter Pooh home, it really would be best to investigate sending him on a commercial flight. It is faster and if you need more funding, chipin.com is a great site to set up a donation account for a specific purpose. This transport request is over 2000 miles long and requires pilots who are skilled in flying in mountain terrain aside from weather fronts likely changing every 500 miles or less. You will also need to find approved overnight fosters. The way Pilots N Paws works is that you need to be the one coordinating all of this and working with any pilots who volunteer. This is not up to the pilots to do for you though I know they will advise when possible. There is research and a learning curve to make things run smoothly for these longer flights and time is critical for you, this dog and this family.

Different airlines have different requirements but basically, what Potter will need is a current vet certificate with current proof of vaccines, and an airline approved crate. I know our pilots would love to help out, they are so giving, but sometimes logistics and distance really do make things complicated when all could be handled quite easily with a commercial flight. There is a wonderful "how to" written by one of our pilots who is an airline captain on how to best go about sending your pet on a commercial flight. Here is the link should you decide to read it and investigate this option. http://pilotsnpaws.org/references/commercial-transport/

Debi

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi Debi and Everyone,
After fully listening and taking an overwhelming amount of advice. I agree fully with Debi, this is a long journey. Yes, possible but very long. I spoke to Carol at the shelter and we agree with Debi. I would like to refer everyone to Potter Pooh's facebook group page and please feel free to add comments there. We have had such an overwhelming response to the newspaper article that I believe we are seeking all available transportation ideas and quotes to find the best, safe, and reasonable. I want to personally thank every single pilot that has seen my needs and pain in being apart from Potter Pooh. I thank you all. I deep down believe that the monies will be raised at this point to help get him home safe. I need to point out something of great importance, well actually a few things. 1. With all the love and caring I have seen in this thread and also from the calls and emails, it proves to me fully there is a HOPE of Humanity. 2. I see the love for every single animal in situations that need to be fixed. 3. I see commitment and hard working pilots who can and will make such a serious impact on so many lives. 4. I see the admin , Debi go the extra mile to ensure all requests are a reality to complete. 5. If the pilots cannot help me in this situation, I encourage and ask please find another one today and commit to them, bring them home to their families. I see tons of threads and tons of little boys and girls wishing to have their loved one home. Somehow Potter Pooh will make it home, and if not for the love of Pilots n Paws and many other good people, this story would not have been possible. I am one of the blessed families, but there are other families there wishing and praying like I was doing too. I am tremendously thankful for everything everyone has done. Potter Pooh will make it home, he is going to be safe. But he will be adored and treated like a big king once he gets here. I already have a huge bone in the freezer all cooked and ready for him. Due to the love found in this thread, I will make sure everyone knows the plans and how he will get home as they develop, but I will also post the pictures upon his arrival home. We have found some pilots in Texas willing to do the whole straight shot, but we also are looking into commercial flights and Pet Transportation Airline, if any of these options can occur it will be amazing. Katie, Carol, and I are taking the time to work out the best way home......but POTTER will be home soon...

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:01 pm

GOOD NEWS: Potter Pooh will be brought home via airplane in Friday. Pilot Zachry Lee will be flying him from San Antonio to Denver, then taking short rest will continue from Denver to Kelso/Longview WA airport. Potter Poohs estimates arrival will be 5pm Friday....WE ARE GETTING HIM HOME. Zachry plans are to get Potter Pooh at shelter Thursday at 4pm and spend time with him at his home. He will let Potter run in his huge yard and get relax. He is buying him a bag of his favorite BBQ chips. THANKS EVERYONE :plane: :P

admin
Site Admin
Pilot?: No

Post by admin » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Purpleskies2012 wrote:GOOD NEWS: Potter Pooh will be brought home via airplane in Friday. Pilot Zachry Lee will be flying him from San Antonio to Denver, then taking short rest will continue from Denver to Kelso/Longview WA airport. Potter Poohs estimates arrival will be 5pm Friday....WE ARE GETTING HIM HOME. Zachry plans are to get Potter Pooh at shelter Thursday at 4pm and spend time with him at his home. He will let Potter run in his huge yard and get relax. He is buying him a bag of his favorite BBQ chips. THANKS EVERYONE :plane: :P
This is wonderful Sharon! Please make sure pictures are taken, the story written and of course chips on hand but keep in mind, doggies can and do get airsick so it's recommended meals be light, dogs be walked well and limited water be offered between connections. Strongly advise getting a non-slip/martingale collar for Potter as well, just to wear while he is traveling. This is a type of collar that won't allow him to "escape". Or you can see if the vet will allow you to take a non-slip leash that goes over his neck for walking purposes. It works the same way as the collar. So happy for all and Zachary, you are very special!

Debi

michaelwilliams93
Zip Code: 95404
Airport identifier: KSTS

Post by michaelwilliams93 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:57 pm

This is great news Sharon...and Debi.

I've been following this heart warming string since the beginning...willing to fly from Bellingham, WA to help in any way I can. So glad you have a safe and comfy one day flight planned...and thanks to Zachary. That is a LOT of geography to cover in General Aviation.

Alls well that ends well....

Michael O'Shea
Bellingham, WA

trumpetcircle

Post by trumpetcircle » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:15 am

Can someone put me in touch with Zachry Lee? I'd like to offer a donation, to help with aviation fuel.

Thanks everyone!!!

Carole Sexton

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:53 am

Potter Pooh all set for flight...They are entering CO right now. I am tracking their flight. They should be in Longview WA by 12:30 WA time.......We are overwhelmed with emotions right now. Logan made a huge basket of candy, cookies, crafts, and a rock he found from Mt St. Helens on his last field trip. We do not got much but we are so grateful to Zachry Lee. I will personally email everyone with any address or phone number inquires. You can reach me at [email protected] or call me directly at 360-270-4694. Mission is in process of being completed. THANK YOU Pilot n Paws.
Attachments
427423_2296506748506_386627828_n.jpg
427423_2296506748506_386627828_n.jpg (32.47 KiB) Viewed 493 times