Please Save Potter Pooh

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Purpleskies2012

Please Save Potter Pooh

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Number of animals being transported: one
Breeds, weight, age: coon hound, 50 pounds to 60 pounds, blue tick and black and brown mix
Health Condition:excellent
Heart worm Status:been wormed
Vaccinations:yes
Health Certificate:yes
Spay/Neutered:yes
Special needs:Potter is a sweet lazy hound, very loving but due to breed has vision problems, you need to be patient.
Name of Sending & Receiving Rescue/Parties: Carol in Junction Texas- dog pound has been caring and holding Potter Pooh for the family. Sharon McCarthy-Gaines will be the receiving party, Potter belongs to Logan and Mason McCarthy, two amazing boys who survived one of the worst car crashes in 2010. Mason has Traumatic Brain Injury and Logan suffers from Post Traumatic Stress at a very high level. Potter is their service friend, but is not certified.
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): i do not mind who has my phone number, Potter means the world to my family. 360-270-4694. please serious inquires please
Are you a 501c3: no, i dont know what that means.
Additional Info/situation: The family was moving when they broke down in Junction Texas, the community pulled together to save Potter Pooh from being put down. The family had to travel via bus. We had to donate all our belongings. When the family arrived in Washington, they were displaced and there was no housing as promised to them. They became displaced and Potter has been with Carol at her shelter for 5 weeks now. The family has no gotten a very good place for the dog and also for the whole family. Things are looking up, but a member of the family is still in Junction Texas. Carol is willing to work out a way to get Potter to the airport and has been making sure Potter has all health records available. Sharon, which is me, will be getting Potter certified in state of Washington as a service dog for the children. I will do anything to ensure the dog and boys are reconnected. It is breaking my heart we had to leave our best friend behind to finish traveling. It has been a hard 5 weeks without him and it is devastating the children. In 2010 the 3 of us were in a very traumatic car crash as a result of a drunk driver. The driver of my car, which was my fiance died, leaving very traumatic scars. We were lucky to make it out alive but we bare the scars emotionally and physically. We all worked endlessly to reclaim our health. Potter was the emotional healer to the whole family. The boys are Mason age 6, whom has Traumatic Brain Injury, and everyday he cries for his beloved Potter Pooh. Logan age 11, whom is emotional scarred the most, due to seeing so much death from the crash bonded instantly with Potter when we got him at 4 weeks old. Logan spent hours taking care of this dog. They were never apart. At night Me, Sharon, would have the comfort of Potter to cuddle during the hard times when I needed a friend.
I do not know how to ask for help really about this issue, but all I know is someone out there can help bring us Potter Pooh. being a single MOM, a fulltime online student, and disabled, I simply cannot afford his transport. I need help. Potter needs help before he falls threw the cracks. Carol's shelter is a kill shelter, and she has agreed to keep Potter Pooh safe and loved till he can be reconnected with us all. She believes Potter Pooh is very worth saving and has dedicated a lot of time in his care. Logan is reverting in emotional status and is losing faith. I AM STILL in great HOPES that someone will help us. Please contact me if you can help guide me in the direction of help. The boys named Potter Pooh, he is named after Harry Potter and Winnie the Pooh. Both the boys picked his name. Potter is a silly goofy coonhound but does get nervous a bit. He needs his family back.
Last edited by Purpleskies2012 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Purpleskies2012

Re: Please Save Potter Pooh

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:53 pm

This is Potter Pooh at 6 weeks old
Attachments
423111_165839006863126_100003110827849_244737_2090314429_n.jpg
Potter Pooh at 6 weeks old
Last edited by Purpleskies2012 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:55 pm

Our best friend
Attachments
Puppies 2012 April 014.JPG
Potter Pooh

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:58 pm

Potter Pooh born December 18th, 2012...he is still a puppy but a big puppy. We deeply miss him.
Attachments
Puppies 2012 April 011.JPG

chrisj
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KHIO
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by chrisj » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:16 pm

We could probably do a final leg from Boise to Longview if the timing works and the weather cooperates.
503-341-8913
[email protected]

patayres

Post by patayres » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Another Oregonian happy to help if necessary - hopefully a PNP member from TX will be able to get the transport started and provide the first leg north. It's a long transport but a very worthy cause!

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:12 pm

I thank everyone for helping correlate a rescue for Potter Pooh. Carol number at the pound is 325-446-9066.

Please contact me and Carol with any offers to bring Potter Pooh home to his family. Potter may not be certified yet, but he is a great and awesome service puppy. He has done a tremendous service to our family and we will honor him. He has a heart of gold, and deserves a good life.

Thank you Chris for the amazing offer to bring Potter part of the way HOME...

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:00 am

We are still in great HOPE a pilot in Texas can bring Potter first part of leg of transport. I contacted a few pilots directly but no response as of yet, but it is still early in the day. If you can help us bring our baby home to us, please do not hesitate to call me or call Carol at the pound. I need to stress that it is a KILL shelter and please help me get him before he falls through the cracks. This puppy is amazing to my family. My boys adore him and he is our family. We need our member back to complete our family. I am reaching out to everyone in this, and in HOPES someone reads this and takes interest. We need our Potter Pooh home. Last night I told my Logan, that many good caring pilots will read this and someone will care enough to bring Potter Pooh home. Logan needs everyone to help us plan and guide this puppy back to him. Logan cared for this pup from 4 weeks old and not a day went by the pup was unseperatable. Due to life situations and uncontrollable events the family had no choice to leave him behind as we traveled to our destination. Please take interest, I am literally begging someone to help at this point. I am trying best I can to plan and organize this trip for Potter, but feel as if I am not doing something right. I need help to plan and ensure the safety of my puppy. Potter born December 18th 2012, is a blue tick coonhound mix. He is amazing, he is sweet but gets scared easily. Please bring him home so he can be safe with his family again. I do not believe we picked Potter Pooh, but he picked us as his family. A puppy chooses his family. Potter was 1 of 9 puppies and he came directly to us when we got him. We had a choice of many but Potter chose his boys. July 31, 2010 my family was in a heinous car crash, and this puppy is healing my boys emotional and physical health. Potter Pooh also has healed me and not having him with us has us all so upset. My boys cry daily for their puppy. I cry in deserpation of not knowing how to get my puppy home. We need our puppy so badly home. This puppy is amazing please do not let him slip away from a family who adores him fully. I check this thread 10 times a day in HOPES for a response. I have been praying to God that someone feels our families need for our puppy. I simply do not have the financial resources to bring him home. I am a single MOM, a full-time college student working on a BA in educational studies. I recieved my AA in psychology after a lot of hard work. I spend my days healing and helping my Mason age 6 overcome hid brain injury. Mason has a long road ahead and his future unclear, but he is amazing and has surpassed all expecations from all doctors. Mason is a miracle. Potter Pooh watches over Mason and Logan fully. Many have said not to post long threads, but I believe more people can see we are a good family, just met with some hardships someone will see Potter Pooh is valuable to us in our hearts. The McCarthy family needs someone to help complete our family and bring a member home to us. Thanks for your time this morning, Sharon 360-270-4694. or Carol at the pound 325-446-9066...Katie from Junction is also a Volunteer through PNP and is taking time to go check on Potter Pooh to ensure his safety and well being. Carol and Katie believe in this puppy so much they are aimming to see him come home. If these 2 women see Potter Pooh potential, then please someone see it too. Thank you

Purpleskies2012

Post by Purpleskies2012 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:06 am

Any pilot willing to do this, please bring potatoe chips..Potter adores potatoe chips and Doritos. it seems to calm him. he will love you for it.

michaelwilliams93
Zip Code: 95404
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSTS
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by michaelwilliams93 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Hi. I'm a PNP pilot in Bellingham, WA, right near the Canadian border. It appears you have the final leg(s) covered...and thanks to fellow PNP pilots for volunteering.

I'm not familiar with PNP pilots in Texas, so cannot help in that effort. I have flown Dallas to Seattle in my former plane, a fast Cessna 340 pressurized twin...and would route from Dallas to Amarillo to Grand Junction, Colorado to Boise to Seattle. You may want to "re-post"...a new posting from Austin to Boise to re-notify PNP pilots along that route. Do not simply add on to the current posting, as it'll only go to pilos who've already responded. An entirely new post string might help you find Texas and Western Colorado pilots who could start the tag-team routing.

Another note: Your story is hear-warming and carries a lot of human interest and compassion. I would suggest taking your posts (as is), copy and paste and email to various media outlets in Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, Houston...even Midland/Odessa. TV stations, Newspapers...even Google radio station morning shows in those areas and send to morning disc jockey's. You may be pleasantly surprised at the response you get from human-interest Media outlets. If you get the general interest stirred you may be totally inundated with pledges of help, from transportation sources. A big radio morning show in Austin (Country music station), even San Angelo or San Antonio could get behind this effort and who's listeners may embrace Potter Pooh and do what is necessary to get him to Washington State. Even media in Portland, Oregon may choose to "sponsor" the effort...so, do not eliminate Portland.

I'm in media and know how this kind of appeal can result in a lot of good will and offers of help.

You are very articulate and warm hearted and express yourself well. I would just simply copy and paste your effort on the PNP website and send them as is.

Good luck in getting this family member back home where he belongs.

Michael O'Shea
Bellingham, WA