Sumner County TN to New Braunfels/Austin/San Marcos, TX area

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
gsd24paws

Sumner County TN to New Braunfels/Austin/San Marcos, TX area

Post by gsd24paws » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:03 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: German Shepherd, 8 yrs old, 90 lbs
Health Condition:good
Heart worm Status:negative
Vaccinations:current
Health Certificate:will be obtained prior to flight by Dakota and Casey Rescue
Spay/Neutered:Spayed
Special needs: none
Name of Sending & Receiving Rescue/Parties:Shirley Vestal Darks sending to Laurie McKay
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): 512-618-2300 or 512-847-6750
Are you a 501c3:I volunteer with AGSDR (501c),and rescue dog is from a 501c
Additional Info/situation:Dog was an owner surrender to high kill shelter from a breeding kennel, rescued by Dakota and Casey Rescue and adopted 8 mos. ago by a family that states she will not bond with them. They are surrendering the dog to Dakota and Casey Rescue, Inc Hendersonville, TN. I have severe RA in my hips and can not drive to TN to get her. I am a former USAF combat flight nurse and would be willing to volunteer to fly any missions which require a registered nurse or dog handler. I know it is a good distance, but am hoping we can somehow get her here soon!
Ok, rescue has promised that they will not let owners give the dog away, but I have to move quickly. Since I have had no replies, I am guessing it is too far to fly...am I close? My husband is currently working in the Dallas/Ft Worth area...is anyone willing to fly from approx. Nashville to Dallas? Or Nashville to Texarkana? Need to know soon before he leaves the area for his next route. Please!! Rescue has no open fosters and owner (and I use that term loosely) is getting antsie.

waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Sumner County TN to New Braunfels/Austin/San Marcos, TX

Post by waderoberts » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:20 pm

What's your ideal timetable? I'm based at Pearland Regional Airport in the Houston area, and could get free next week Tues.-Fri., weather permitting. I could take a leg from about halfway to Sumner County (maybe around Greenville MS?) for a flight back to Houston or to the Austin area, if you can arrange for transport for the first leg.

Unless you get lucky and find someone flying that route, a trip of that distance is often a multi-leg, multi-plane, multi-pilot endeavor. And uncertainty over the effects of Hurricane Isaac may have kept some folks from replying (like me, until now).

Cheers,
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223
1977 Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

gsd24paws

Post by gsd24paws » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:20 pm

I may have a pilot in TN willing to fly a leg. I have no exact timetable...just hoping and praying by Friday Sept. 7th. Thank you so much for replying!! I work right next door to the New Braunfels municipal airport. I will drive to whichever airport we can get her to!! I will keep you posted. Thanks again.
Laurie

waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by waderoberts » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Just keep me posted. A couple of day's notice would be helpful.

Cheers,
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223
1977 Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

gsd24paws

Post by gsd24paws » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:55 pm

Wade, here is the message from the pilot flying the TN to MS leg:
All,
A little far out but I would estimate , have the dog at John Tune by 10AM on Thursday.
Make sure the dog will be traveling with all vet records, HC, Collar with ID and leash. Should get back to Covington by 11:30AM.
We can fine tune the times later this week.
Please forward all contact info including cell Phone numbers for those involved in this rescue.
Jim Carney
You can email me direct at, [email protected]
Cell 901-496-0768
As of now, N566JC Cessna 182

gsd24paws

Post by gsd24paws » Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Question: Do the pilots have crates that fit their specific plane? Or do we send her in one?
Laurie

747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by 747pilot » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:35 pm

There is another post for transport from Lebanon, TN to Greenville, MS for a GSD. Is this your post?? Why 2 post for the same dog?? Very confusing for the pilots who want to help.
I will need more information on this dog. A dog of this size, a crate to fit will not fit in most SE Planes . So, the dog will have to be in the back uncrated. When you said, owner surrender because the dog would not bond with its new family makes me a little nervious. Can you imagine what would happen if the dog went berzerk in a strange situation at 7000 feet.?? I will now need more info before I will commit to fly. I love GSD and have owned one so I do know the breed.
Jim carney
Pilots N Paws - TN

gsd24paws

Post by gsd24paws » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:27 pm

The adopters know nothing about dogs and especially german shepherds. It is not a dog problem but rather an owner problem. The rescue owner tested the dog and she is well behaved. Knows her commands and is very calm. She is 8 years old...long past the rowdy puppy stage. I am sorry about the two posts. I thought if I split the trip into two parts it wouldn't seem like such a huge flight. I will cancel this post to limit the confusion. My apologies.

gsd24paws

Post by gsd24paws » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:00 am

Postings switched to "Lebanon TN to Greenville MS" topic header