Depressed Pup Needs A Ride

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
CelebratingPugs

Depressed Pup Needs A Ride

Post by CelebratingPugs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:44 am

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: wheaton terrier, 35 lbs, 6 months
Health Condition: good
Heart worm Status:
Vaccinations:
Health Certificate:
Spay/Neutered:
Special needs: severe depression
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Humane Society of Raleigh/Erica Tuck
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Celebrating Pugs/Tammy Darrow
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): 410-714-3677
Are you a 501c3: pending
Additional Info/situation: We were able to find foster for Roy in Maryland - where he will placed for adoption once we have worked with him. At the present time Roy is so depressed in the shelter that he won't even get up to walk. He just lays there as you see him in this picture. He has totally given up on life. We have even had him checked by the vet to make sure that he can, indeed, walk. His condition: severe depression. This is no way for a puppy to start life - the shelter estimates this poor boy to be only 6 months old. We need to get him out now!
Attachments
Roy.jpg
Roy has given up on life!

JAB

Re: Depressed Pup Needs A Ride

Post by JAB » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:24 am

Tammy, I could probably do Ridgely (RJD) to Lynchburg (LYH) again. Any VFR day except 10/3 and 10/6
John Bowers 410-490-1873

atcssct
Zip Code: 33625
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: Kspg
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by atcssct » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:58 pm

Not sure i understand...how can a 6 month old puppy be so depressed he cant stand up? Wow!

DJK3737T
Airport identifier: KFDK

Post by DJK3737T » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:53 pm

I'm planning a flight from Frederick, Maryland to the Cincinnati area and back this weekend -- most likely tomorrow (September 29). Beckley would be a little out of the way, but IF you can get him out of the shelter in time, and IF someone could either meet me in Frederick or take him the rest of the way to Easton, I'd be willing to make the detour to pick him up.

Normally I'd volunteer to take him to Easton myself, but it's going to be a pretty long day as it is -- probably six hours in the air.

-- David Jack Kenny
[email protected]
(301) 695-2186 (work)

newmatoad
Zip Code: 20816
Airport identifier: KJYO
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by newmatoad » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 pm

We can't fly on Saturday. However, if someone could get the puppy further East on Sunday morning, we could take him the rest of the way to Easton. We are based in Leesburg, but could pick him up anywhere from Charlottesville to Martinsburg.

Rick Newman

CelebratingPugs

Post by CelebratingPugs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm open for anything that can be worked out. Unfortunately, I'm unable to get to Frederick to pick him up. Whatever can be worked out - there are great volunteers in WV and will make sure he gets to the airport.

newmatoad
Zip Code: 20816
Airport identifier: KJYO
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by newmatoad » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:08 pm

I'm not sure whether you were responding to my post. I would be available to pick the dog up at any airport within about 50-100 miles of DC and fly him to Easton on Sunday morning if you can find a pilot who can bring him east from WV for the first leg..

Rick Newman

DJK3737T

Post by DJK3737T » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:40 pm

Let's see how the forecast looks for getting into Beckley tomorrow (and past Richmond to Easton). If the weather cooperates, I guess I can run him all the way out to Easton; it would only add about another hour overall.

Rick, thanks for your offer, but I don't want to volunteer to keep Roy overnight. We have three dogs of our own, and I don't know how he'd be received (or whether this would cheer him up or traumatize him).

I'll put in another post (and maybe an e-mail to Tammy) after the TAFs have been updated after 8:00. I'm still trying to connect with the people who requested the transport to Cincinnati, so if that doesn't come together, I might be able to do FDK - BKW - ESN instead.

-- DJK

DJK3737T

Post by DJK3737T » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:41 pm

My flight to Cincinnati has been cancelled, so I can commit to picking Roy up in Beckley and delivering him to Easton. I need contact information for the people at both ends so that I can touch base with them in the morning to confirm times.

At a VERY rough estimate, I'd guess I could get to Beckley around 3:00 and into Easton about 5:30.

-- DJK

CelebratingPugs

Post by CelebratingPugs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:44 pm

I'm trying to get up with fosters on both ends - I have access to the one on the receiving end (and I can pick him up) - but I'm waiting for word back from shelter volunteers - they placed him in a foster to try to ease his anxiety. Apparently he is responding well to the other dogs at the foster - but is terrified of the people. My number is 410-714-3677. Hoping to have news from volunteers late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thank you so much!