Transport from Northborough, MA to GSO, NC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Findinggreathomes

Transport from Northborough, MA to GSO, NC

Post by Findinggreathomes » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:07 pm

Number of animals being transported:1
Breeds, weight, age: Jake, Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, 6 years old, 46 lbs.
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: Yes, Neutered
Special needs: N/A
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Kate Goonan Owner who is surrendering Dog 508-869-2185 [email protected]
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Robin Manley, Finding Great Homes Rescue, 336-414-1373 or [email protected]
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): See Above
Are you a 501c3:
Additional Info/situation: Currently, Kate is moving and cannot take Jake with her. Jake is being boarded at a Northborough Vet until we can arrange transport to bring him to NC. He is ready to go as soon as we can coordinate enough pilots, etc. to bring him here. Please help Jake! Thank you for all your help.
Last edited by Findinggreathomes on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

atcssct
Zip Code: 33625
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: Kspg
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Transport from Northborough, MA to GSO, NC

Post by atcssct » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:50 pm

I could do a leg...based at MTN near Baltimore. Maybe here to BLM? Or other direction from here to FVX?

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 pm

That would be wonderful. I am geographically challenged when it comes to mileage and planes - would you be able to look at a map and determine how many legs we would need to get the dog to NC? That way, I could post Leg 1 of 3, etc and try to find pilots when you are free to work with you. Thanks a million for your help.
Robin Manley

atcssct
Zip Code: 33625
Airport identifier: Kspg

Post by atcssct » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Ok...sent you an email.

kshaw
Zip Code: 20878
Airport identifier: KGAI

Post by kshaw » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:53 pm

I may be able to do Gaithersburg, MD KGAI to Piedmont Triad, NC KGSO either Saturday or Sunday (October 6/7), weather permitting.
Kent
PA-28-161 N9396C (KGAI)

EDWARDABRAMS
Zip Code: 06783
Airport identifier: KOXC
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by EDWARDABRAMS » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:04 pm

I am doing a flight on Sunday the 14th the opposite direction. I will be departing out of OXC (Oxford, CT) and meeting a pilot at XSA (Tappahannock, VA) who will have a dog coming up from NC going to CT. If that day works for you I can get the dog down to Virginia.
[email protected]
Ed Abrams
N206EA. Cessna T206
Home Base OXC-Oxford, CT
Day/Night/IFR
Home 860-350-5145
Office 203-287-1306
Cell 203-671-9389
[email protected]

MikeZ

Post by MikeZ » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm

I am terribly confused.

This past Saturday, in a nationally publicized event, 115 pilots spent tens (and tens) of thousands of dollars transporting 300+ animals out of NC due to over population issues in the state.

Robin - do you have a home for Jake? Has Kate actively looked up in the New England area?

Since the weekend, there are at least a half dozen new requests to transport dogs out of NC up to New England where they are more likely to be adopted. I'd hope any pilot that gets involved in this request coordinate it with an outbound flight and make an exchange of pax at a midway transfer point.

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi Ed-
It would be wonderful if you can get the dog down to VA. I feel confident that I can find a local pilot to help me to bring the dog from VA to NC or worst case scenario, I could drive to VA. I know you said that you were coming out of Oxford, CT. Would you need me to find someone to bring the dog from Massachusetts to CT? Thanks for your offer to help. Robin Manley 336-414-1373

Findinggreathomes

Post by Findinggreathomes » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 pm

This is for Mike Z. I have committed to taking this Wheaten Terrier into my rescue. I have extensive experience with this breed and I am doing everything I can to get the dog safely to NC. Can I count on your help in flying him here on one of the legs? Robin Manley 336-414-1373

VATechUSN
Zip Code: 23456
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KORF

Post by VATechUSN » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:48 am

Hey guys,

I am currently in GSO and could come get the dog within 120-150miles from Greensboro, weather permitting as I am only VFR rated. I am able to fly into DC airspace but of course would like to avoid it if at all possible. I am free on Sunday this weekend, or could do weekday evenings after 5pm. Shoot me an email [email protected]

Zack
Zack