Spaniel Pup Cedartown GA 30125 to Portland ME 04101-DONE!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Dakotah

Spaniel Pup Cedartown GA 30125 to Portland ME 04101-DONE!

Post by Dakotah » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:43 pm

Three wonderful pilots completed this today 6/6/09! Thank you to Will, John, and Alex. Our boy is happy and adjusting fast. You are all amazing!!!

We need to get a 3 month old cocker spaniel mix from Polk Country Animal Control (high kill) in Cedartown Georgia 30125 to Portland Maine 04101(PWM) or somewhere within driving distance as soon as possible. He was tossed out of a car and the owner drove off. We don't have a lot of time to get him here but if we can secure transportation we can put off his Euthanasia and he will be well loved for the rest of his life. We are willing to drive anywhere closer than GA. Please contact me at my personal email address [email protected] or (207) 318-1233 if you could possibly help. Thank you so much!

[map:30125-04101]6632[/map]
Last edited by Dakotah on Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dakotah

Re: Spaniel Pup Cedartown GA 30125 to Portland ME 04101

Post by Dakotah » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:58 am

I got an email from a pilot based at Worcester, MA and weather permitting he can do a leg on a weekend. Pick up in southern New England/NY, and deliver at Portland, ME. Can anyone possibly cover part or all of the bottom leg? Thank you all so much!

Dakotah

Post by Dakotah » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:59 am

We have another pilot who may be able to fly from Georgia to WV on Sat June 6th. He has a prior committment but it might be able to work. If he can cover that leg we just need to get the pup from WV to NY. Thank you all so much!
Last edited by Dakotah on Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustinV

Post by JustinV » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:31 pm

I could possibly fly the final leg to PWM if needed as well. I have a cessna 150 so its not the fastest or has the longest legs, but its available.

Dakotah

Post by Dakotah » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:58 pm

Could someone get the pup to Collegedale, TN airport? This would save Will from backtrackking down to GA then heading North. If he is able to do the first leg (shooting for Saturday the 6th) he would like to fly from Collegedale to Wiley Ford, WV (the airport is KCBE, Greater Cumberland Regional). The next pilot could take it from there. You are all so wonderful!

Dakotah

Post by Dakotah » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:07 pm

From another pilot: I have a flight from KY to eastern Readind, PA on Saturday. I can stop at CBE or another airport and pickup cocker to drop off around Reading PA area. Let me know.

John

Dakotah

Post by Dakotah » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:47 pm

Okay this is what I have:
1- If it works out for Will he can transport from Collegedale TN to Wiley Ford WV (KCBE).
2- Then John can pick up at CBE and fly to Reading, PA. John, is there any way you can fly to KABE?
3- I have a bit of a gap here because Alex needs to pick up at (KABE) in Allentown PA. He can transport to Worcester MA.
4- Justin, can you pick up the final leg from Worcester to Portland?

I know everything is always weather permitting but according to weather.com Collegedale has a 0% chance of precip saturday, Wiley ford has a 10% chance of precip, Reading PA has a 0% chance of Precip, Worcester has a 10% chance of precip, and Portland has a 15% chance of precip for saturday so we should be okay.

I can't thank you all enough for what you are doing. I am just amazed at the generocity of this group. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Dakotah

Post by Dakotah » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:20 pm

We are still in need of ground transport from Cedartown GA to Collegedale TN airport if at all possible. If anyone could do this Saturday morning to be at the Collegedale airport around 9 please let me know asap. Thank you!

Dakotah

Post by Dakotah » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:03 pm

!!! We found someone to do ground transport. (Thank you Linda!) She will be meeting Will in Collegedale between 8-9 am Saturday to get this journey started. We have all parts of this journey covered as of now. Thank you so much everyone. We are overwhelmed by the amount of support we have gotten from PNP to make this happen!

JustinV

Post by JustinV » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:44 pm

I'm really sorry guys, I'm going to not be able to do the ORH-PWM leg. The plane is down with a maintenance issue through the beginning of next week. I was looking forward to my first transport, but I guess It will have to wait. :(

I hope everything still works out.