URGENT - Male German Shepherd Dog - sweet temperment

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
giveadogahome-sa
Zip Code: 04481
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

URGENT - Male German Shepherd Dog - sweet temperment

Post by giveadogahome-sa » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:16 pm

RESCUE HOLD CONFIRMED - NEED TRANSPORT ASAP.

This boy can be picked up from the IRVING KILL Shelter at 9am and taken to any convenient airport. I can meet on this end, at any convenient airport.

German Shepherd Dog
MALE
Approx 2 years
Approx 54 pounds
Shelter Comments - appears healthy - Friendly

Location - IRVING Kill Shelter

Please email - Jenny at - [email protected] if you maybe coming this way hopefully on Friday!

Thank you in advance and safe travels.
Attachments
37811_509785005699788_933849060_n.jpg
37811_509785005699788_933849060_n.jpg (39.47 KiB) Viewed 185 times
Last edited by giveadogahome-sa on Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny Cope
President/Founder
Give a Dog a Home, German Shepherd Dog Rescue
501(c)(3) Non- Profit, Tax ID/EIN 27-5241306

[email protected]

http://www.giveadogahome-sanantonio.org

https://www.facebook.com/GiveaDogaHome.SanAntonio

waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: URGENT - Male German Shepherd Dog - sweet temperment

Post by waderoberts » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:23 pm

Please bear with me; I’m copying, pasting and posting this to three Pilots N Paws threads.
I’ve always hated the deadhead legs of patient and animal rescue missions: they seem like wasted opportunities. I’m always looking for a way to combine missions both ways. So far, I’ve only been able to come up with one: Collie rescue flight from Houston to Dallas, and a Collie on the return.
I may have found the rare trifecta.
I see that a Belgian Malinois needs transport on Tuesday from Houston to Dallas, a German Shepherd needs to get from Dallas to San Antonio, and a Golden Retriever needs to get from San Antonio to Houston.
Tuesday looks to be a good day to fly. (And this is all weather-dependent.)
Here are some questions:
The Belgian Malinois is listed as Conroe to McKinney. Is there a chance that an early morning departure could be from Pearland Regional (KLVJ), where my plane is hangared, southeast of Houston, to Mesquite?
Could the German Shepherd depart from Mesquite and arrive in Pleasanton?
Could the Retriever depart from Pleasanton and arrive at Pearland?
I’m inquiring, because some or all of these changes will decrease my flight time and fuel burn. Conroe and McKinney are both tower-controlled airports (no problem; I fly into them all the time, but the turnaround time increases). It would also be quicker and easier if all dogs would fly well in harnesses, attached to a short lead that I buckle to my rear-seat belt buckles.
Just ran some quick flight planning. If I depart from KLVJ at 8 a.m., I’d be in Mesquite around 10. Add an hour max to switch pooches and refuel. Take off by 11, into Pleasanton around 1 p.m.. Add an hour to switch pooches and refuel. Take off by 2, into Pearland around 3:30. The turnaround times are likely to be shorter.
Email me at [email protected], and let’s see if we can get this 3-leg airlift done.
Best,
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223
1977 Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928