DONE!!!Kitties Need a ride to Boston from Charlotte area

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
cheryl

Re: Kitties Need a ride to Boston from Raleigh or Charlotte area

Post by cheryl » Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:51 pm

jtrindle wrote:I'm a little confused here... are you asking me to pick up the animal(s) at Greensboro for a leg into VA or that they are in the Charlotte area and need a lift to Greensboro? Cheryl's message seems to indicate they originate near Raleigh, so the leg that makes most sense to me is KGSO to Louisa or somewhere closer to KJGG for transfer for a leg to NJ.

If there were someone who could pick up in NC and transport near KJGG I'd be happy to do the leg from there to KMIV.
Hi,
We have two groups of animals. One out of Charlotte and one out of the Raleigh Area. Both destinations are the same. It is possible to take the animals to Greensboro if that is more convenient. Both groups of animals are going to the same rescue in Boston. Since I am new at this, I thought that both groups could hook up and go up together. I now know this is not possible because it is too big of a group to all go together. So we now need help from Raleigh to Boston (all segments) for 14 kittens. And we also need help from Charlotte to Boston (We do have some volunteers on most legs) for the adult cat and 7 to 8 kittens.
The group out of Smithfield (Raleigh area) is 14 kittens all less than 4 months old. This group is the one that does not have any offers yet. This may take more than one plane per leg. Not sure.
The other group of kitties is leaving out of Charlotte. That is one adult and 7 to 8 kittens all under 4 months old.
I hope I have not confused anyone.
If so, please feel free to email me. Also, pass on to anyone that may be able to help.
Thank you,
Cheryl Blanco
[email protected]

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Cheryl,
I think it is optimistic to think that we can line up about 8 planes for all these kittens....ground transport may be the way to go. I could be wrong, but.....this is the prob with trying to coordinate such a long transport and so many animals....it is HARD!!!!!

John T, right now we have someone picking up the mom and kittens and:

TO GSO (JOHN S)
GSO (36°05'52"N 79°56'14"W) KLKU (38°00'35"N 77°58'13"W) 38° (NE) 171 mi (NEED)
KLKU (38°00'35"N 77°58'13"W) MIV (39°22'04"N 75°04'20"W) 58° (NE) 183 mi (NEED)
MIV (39°22'04"N 75°04'20"W) 4N1 (41°07'42"N 74°20'48"W) 17° (N) 127 mi (LINDA)
4N1 (41°07'42"N 74°20'48"W) BOS (42°21'47"N 71°00'23"W) 62° (NE) 193 mi (NEED)

JOHN T---Can you help on any of these legs? Can you get them from GSO to MIV? Or are you saying you can go from GSO--KJGG and we would change the next leg to KJGG--KMIV?
We may have other pilots interested, but they have not yet confirmed.

Please let Cheryl know....it is now Wednesday, and we only have a couple more days to tighten this down.....esp if John S is planning on picking up the mom and kittens on Friday....overnighting them, and going to GSO on Sat a.m.

And, they all need health cert from a vet....time consuming plus costing money on a certificate which expires!!

Thanks, Linda

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:40 am

Hey NE pilots!
we only have one more leg to fill:

TO GSO (JOHN S)
GSO (36°05'52"N 79°56'14"W) KLKU (38°00'35"N 77°58'13"W) 38° (NE) 171 mi (STEVE)
KLKU (38°00'35"N 77°58'13"W) MIV (39°22'04"N 75°04'20"W) 58° (NE) 183 mi (STEVE)
MIV (39°22'04"N 75°04'20"W) 4N1 (41°07'42"N 74°20'48"W) 17° (N) 127 mi (LINDA)
4N1 (41°07'42"N 74°20'48"W) BOS (42°21'47"N 71°00'23"W) 62° (NE) 193 mi (NEED)

I can come a little further NE if that makes it easier.
Please please please help---we are sooooo close!!
Linda

jtrindle

Post by jtrindle » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:03 pm

One batch of kitties have been transported!

John S and one of the Atlantic Aero employees

Another Atlantic Aero employee

MomCat

John and Amy Caregiving

GetMeTherePlease

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:16 pm

Wooohooooo Great job ya'll ;0) .................

jtrindle

Post by jtrindle » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:25 pm

Steve with the kittens
steve_kittens_sm.JPG
steve_kittens_sm.JPG (25.78 KiB) Viewed 343 times
Steve's mighty Mooney Ranger at Lawrenceville, full of cats.
steve_mooney.JPG
steve_mooney.JPG (15.4 KiB) Viewed 343 times

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:03 pm

and there is even more to this story. Pilot Steve ended up not only flying these adorable kitties but also driving them the rest of the way since the next pilot in line ran into weather issues!

Thanks to all for a wonderful day of flying kitties!

Debi

cheryl

Post by cheryl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:39 pm

Hi All,
I can not tell you how all these people came together and went way over and beyond what they had planned to get these little ones to safety. 10 lives were saved from this effort! I thank all of you for making this happen!!!
It would not have happened if it had not been for you. Thank you so much! GREAT TEAM EFFORT!!!
Thank you all,
Cheryl Turner-Blanco

cheryl

Post by cheryl » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:54 pm

THEY MADE IT!!! Just heard from the rescue and all made it just fine. They are getting them all settled in for a long night sleep. Am sure all (including pilots and rescue) are exhausted. Wonderful team effort. It would not have been successful without EVERYONE'S help. Thank you all again!!! YOU ARE THE DEFINITION OF ANGELS!!!
Cheryl Turner-Blanco

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:07 am

Cheryl,
It was our pleasure!! I only got 1/2 hour of flying time b/c the weather moved in faster than expected....long day for all...Steve was wonderful agreeing to meet me at Millville if I drove down--he went back to his airport to get his car so he did not get stuck in the weather, too!

Thanks John S for the overnight and shopping for crates with Cheryl! Thanks John T for flying these cuties!!

Long long day for all.....the poor rescue (SAM) waited FOREVER for me to get back to 4N1 with the passengers. Roads were washed out, and it took over 8 hours to drive there and back.....same with Steve coming from the south--between slow moving traffic and accidents, it took him hours to get to Millville area. Wonderful people!!

Looking at the pics, it was a nice day further south.....

Blue Skies,
Linda