Husky, Chesterfield SC to NYC area:First Leg or Whole Trip

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
davem20j
Zip Code: 98101
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KPAE
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Husky, Chesterfield SC to NYC area:First Leg or Whole Tr

Post by davem20j » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:06 am

Great!

Yuri, forgot to mention I'm flying a blue & white Mooney, N201LP.

What's your type and tail number?
David - Paine Field, Everett WA KPAE
Commercial/Instrument
Blue & white Mooney N201LP

HuskyhouseLongIsland
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No

Post by HuskyhouseLongIsland » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi David and Yuri

The young lady that will bringing Niki to Cheraw at 11AM on Sunday is Brittany. She can be reached at one of two numbers. 704.465.6636 or 704.690.2295

Yuri, approximately when do you think you will be landing?

Larry

lumatech
Zip Code: 10605
Airport identifier: KHPN
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by lumatech » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:21 pm

OK, a few updates for everyone.

David - My plane is still in maintenance, but I do have an alternative, so depending on how that goes I will be either in white and green V-tail Bonanza 9003S, or white and blue Arrow 15644. I have to be back at HPN by 4 pm, so 2 pm exchange is still OK, but if you can get to MTN a bit earlier that would be great. I will plan on arriving to MTN between 1 and 1:30, and will meet you at the FBO.

Larry - you are correct about the airport layout, you will be meeting me at Panorama Flight Service at 67 Tower Road. Provided exchange takes place as scheduled, I should be landing around 3:30 pm, give or take.

BTW, this is my first PnP mission, so any pointers on dog handling would be appreciated. What is the best way to secure a dog of this size in the plane?
Debonair C33A - Based at HPN
IFR, no FIKI

HuskyhouseLongIsland

Post by HuskyhouseLongIsland » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:08 am

Hi Yuri,
This is my first as well, but I've done a few hundred car rides with them. If they're not in a crate, they just ride shotgun, securely strapped in. they watch out the window for a few minutes and then, most often, just go to sleep....I'm assuming the drone of the engine will do the same thing. This husky has been reported to be friendly by the vet, the shelter and the attendants at the kennel. After take off, a little bit of ear scratching (hers not yours) will be appreciated. And huskies are usually not barkers so it should be a very quiet ride....

Give me a quick call just before take off if you can and I'll be waiting for you, otherwise I will plan on being at Westchester at 3:30.

Larry

davem20j

Post by davem20j » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:07 am

Yuri,

It's a bit too soon for tomorrow's winds aloft forecast but hopefully there will be some tailwind for the return trip. I'll keep the power up and try to minimize my time on the ground in SC to get back to Baltimore as soon as possible.

I'll file an IFR flight plan for the return trip so you can track my progress when you get to the FBO at Martin: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N201LP.
Commercial/Instrument

lumatech

Post by lumatech » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:10 pm

Guys, just confirming everything for tomorrow. The weather is looking fairly decent so far.

David, I will track you on FlightAware, but please give me a call if there are any deviations from the plan.

Larry, I will try to call you before I take off on the return flight, but if you don't hear from me, please plan to be at Panorama around 3:30.

See you both tomorrow!

Yuri
IFR, no FIKI

davem20j

Post by davem20j » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:28 pm

My local TAF is calling for 800 & 1 tomorrow morning so I'll be IFR in both directions. Otherwise still expecting to fly the plan as discussed earlier. I'll call if I'm delayed.
Commercial/Instrument

HuskyhouseLongIsland

Post by HuskyhouseLongIsland » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Again, thank you both.

If you could, if you leave me your flight plans, I will track the flights. Either way, I will be at the airport before 3:30.

davem20j

Post by davem20j » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:12 pm

You're very welcome Larry.

There is a moderately strong headwind out of the southwest tomorrow, so the flight down is going to take about 45 minutes longer than the flight back. I plan to leave Baltimore around 7:45 landing 10:30 at Cheraw. Depart Cheraw around 11:30 and arrive Baltimore about 1:30. There is some slack built into those times to account for the unexpected. In any case, the FlightAware website I mentioned in my previous post will show you a real-time display of the aircraft's position in flight, as well as a real-time estimated time of arrival (but take the ETA for what it is--an estimate).

That may be more than you really wanted to know!

David 240.447.7295
Commercial/Instrument

lumatech

Post by lumatech » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:48 pm

davem20j wrote:My local TAF is calling for 800 & 1 tomorrow morning so I'll be IFR in both directions. Otherwise still expecting to fly the plan as discussed earlier. I'll call if I'm delayed.
800 and 1 is a little low for my taste, but it is forecasted to clear up by noon, so we should be good provided the forecast holds.

Larry, you can track me on FlightAware as well, http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N9003S

Keep in mind that it only shows IFR (instrument) flights, and if the weather really does clear up nicely I may just fly VFR (visual) back to NY, in which case it won't show me. I will give you a call before departure, though.
IFR, no FIKI