Trenton, MO to Wakeeney, KS 18 roosters & special needs pup

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
decodog

Trenton, MO to Wakeeney, KS 18 roosters & special needs pup

Post by decodog » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:35 am

Number of animals being transported: 1 puppy & 18 roosters
Breeds, weight, age: Boston Terrier puppy 10 wk, 4 lb, Leghorn roosters 5 lb each
Health Condition: special needs puppy has neurological disorder, roosters healthy
Heart worm Status: negative
Vaccinations: current
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: no, too young
Special needs: yes, puppy has neurological disorder
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Animal Kingdom Veterinary Hospital
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: National Mill Dog Rescue & Rooster Sanctuary @ Danzig's Roost
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: no, but receiving rescues are

Additional Info/situation: Special needs puppy with neurological disorder needs to get to rescue ASAP for further evaluation and possible surgery in Colorado Springs, CO.

The roosters have all had the necessary blood testing for transport and need to get to a sanctuary in Bennett, CO, but the roosters and puppy could all be picked up at the same airport. I think this would be workable for both rescues to pick up in Denver or any airport between Co Springs and Bennett. The rescues are coming from north central MO. The plan is for me to drive them to Kansas City and I have a pilot offer to fly them to central Kansas, either Hays or Phillipsburg. I need a pilot that can fly to KS to pick them up and bring the rescues back to CO. I will provide plastic kennels for the flight. Some of the roosters will be in one large crate that measures 38L 30W 30H. The rest of the roosters will be divided into 5 smaller crates. I will post those measurements as soon as I know. The puppy would be in a small cat sized carrier. I can work with you to change crate sizes to make them fit. I'm currently working on putting a horizontal divider in the large rooster crate to eliminate some of the smaller carriers and it will actually be more spacious for the birds while saving cabin space. Thank-you!

Pilots: If you are concerned about it being messy to transport roosters, please be assured that they will be in enclosed plastic kennels. I will have burlap covering the kennel doors and side vents. This will keep any feathers or droppings contained inside the kennels and will help calm the birds too by blocking light and preventing them from seeing out. These roosters were used for a college class as chicks and some had their beaks partially cut off and their combs cut off while fully awake. They were going to be destroyed after their ordeal. Please help them get to the sanctuary and have a good life!