Request for Transport - Dog- OK to CA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Joy Bruce

Request for Transport - Dog- OK to CA

Post by Joy Bruce » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:46 pm

Roscoe.jpg
Roscoe is about 40 lbs of happy to be adopted!
Roscoe.jpg (41.38 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Number of animals being transported: one
Breeds, weight, age: Blue Heeler/Dutch Shepherd mix, one yr old, about 40lbs.
Health Condition: Excellent
Heart worm Status: Clear
Vaccinations: current Rabies
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Neutered
Special needs: None
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Western Animal Resources 501C3
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Joy Bruce
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Vicky Adams 580-821-1463 in OK or Joy Bruce 951-852- 6592 in CA
Are you a 501c3: yes
Additional Info/situation: Joy Bruce is receiving dog and could pick up in Temecula/Murrieta, Palm Springs, Las Vegas, San Diego, Orange County John Wayne, LAX

:D Thank you for your kindness in volunteering to help rescue animals go to their forever homes! If you would help me or know someone who could, that would bring JOY to my heart for Christmas and save a dogs life.

I lost my dog of 12 years due to an illness a few months ago and decided to wait awhile and find that special dog to be my buddy. When Vicky at Western Animal Resources (W.A.R.) in Elk City OK told me about Roscoe, I knew he was the one. He is about 1 yr old and 40lbs of HAPPY to be ADOPTED!

Roscoe was rescued from a high kill shelter when the staff there would not put him to sleep because of his delightful disposition. He has recently served the youth in a prison dog program and now it's his time to find his forever home...and that's me.

Roscoe was picked up stray in Elk City, OK. A lady called animal control that a tiger dog was sleeping on her front porch and she was afraid. When ACO arrived at the residence they opened the pickup door and whistled , Roscoe came right up to the guy wagging his tail and just loaded up on the front seat. No owner ever came to claim him.
The guys at the pound fell in love. They managed to hide Roscoe every week from the kill list but after 30 days his luck ran out. Roscoe was to be put down the next morning.
That evening Vicky was at the DOC W.A.R. Center training and introducing one of the dogs there to their new forever family. Two of the inmates in the dog training program work days at the pound and the guys started begging Vicky to come pickup Roscoe in the morning. Roscoe made it into the DOC Overs for Rovers program just in the nick of time.
This program is not perfect by any means but it is a chance at life. The dogs are kept in 10x10 kennels with igloo dog house during the day and crated in the maintenance bldg at night. When the inmates get in from their day jobs they work with the dogs for about two hours. ROSCOE HAS BEEN THERE ALMOST 4 MONTHS WITH NO INTEREST until now.
W.A.R. Center Training is a 501(C)3 and would love to see him get to his new forever home for the New Year, making room to save another dog with the Overs for Rovers program.

He will be coming to live on a small horse ranch north of San Diego, in Temecula. He has a bed beside mine, his own back seat in my truck and will come with me on all my horseback trail rides and camping trips. We are anxiously awaiting transportation to start a new life for both of us.

Please let me know if you will help us.

Thank you and God bless you for the services you do!

Joy Bruce @ [email protected]
Attachments
Roscoe1.jpg
Roscoe's happy face, he's being adopted!
Roscoe1.jpg (21.9 KiB) Viewed 309 times
Last edited by Joy Bruce on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

mike92104
Zip Code: 92115
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSEE
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Request for Transport - Dog- OK to CA

Post by mike92104 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:58 pm

I'd be wiling to help with a leg from Phoenix or Yuma to Temecula. Maybe a few other folks can help get Roscoe that far.

Mike

Joy Bruce

Post by Joy Bruce » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks for responding Mike! I am working on the legs from OK. Will let you know when I get that lined up.

Merry Christmas!

Joy Bruce

rfogel

Post by rfogel » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:41 am

Joy,

Have you had any luck with this transport? Tomorrow I leave Camarillo and will flying to Oklahoma City for a couple of days. I am hoping to return on Sunday or Monday but it will depend a great deal on the weather. No promises at this point but I might be able to transport your dog if it is still needed.

Roland

Joy Bruce

Post by Joy Bruce » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi Roland and thank you for your response!

I have gotten the dog as far as Phoenix and have a Pilots n Paws flight lined up for him this weekend. If something doesn't work out, I'll get in touch with you.

Once again, thank you for all that you do for PnP!

Joy