need help with several flights --- 6 labs & 2 Great Pyr

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
rlg152

Re: need help with several flights --- 6 labs & 2 Great Pyr

Post by rlg152 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi Joy,

Ok, so Daisy and Donald are on their way to New Hampshire. That's great! If they want to shorten the drive up, I have no problem driving them from CT to Hinsdale, NH.

For next weekend, we would only be able to go from our home base (KSNC) to (KEEN).

Not sure about Maine right now, I wish this was happening in Spring because my family has a home near the Franklin County Animal Shelter. I could literally drop them off on my way there.

Anyway, I hope that would help :)

Renee

nrhalnp
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by nrhalnp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:15 am

Thanks, Renee - Daisy and Donald are already there. Good to know you're that close to the Franklin County shelter - we send a lot of dogs up to Heidi.

Joy

wrightjt
Zip Code: 06013
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBDL

Post by wrightjt » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:47 pm

Do you still need anyone from Maine? I've got a Warrior at RKD, and I could fly to MA/NH/VT/CT and back to OWK (assuming that's closest to receiver) on Saturday, wx permitting. Would the pups be okay with 1 in back seat and 1 in baggage compartment, or both in baggage (too cramped?) I don't have crates. Either config would be within weight & balance limits.

nrhalnp

Post by nrhalnp » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Thanks for the reply --- the NH pups have already gone. I need help with 6 to Maine. I have 3 under 20 lbs, 2 under 3 lbs. and 1 at 85 lbs. Still trying to get Southern leg pilots, so right now, I have NOTHING>

Joy

wrightjt

Post by wrightjt » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:16 pm

If you can get them up north of NY on a weekend, let me know. Norridgewolk, ME is generally well plowed during the winter.

nrhalnp

Post by nrhalnp » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:36 am

As it stands right now, I have a local pilot to fly into VA, a PA-based pilot who can probably do a middle leg up towards Keene, NH. Need help with the final leg into Maine. Can either of you help? Looking at Sunday.

Joy

wrightjt

Post by wrightjt » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:27 am

Sunday looks promising if the storm system clears as expected. If we can stay S of the mountains, I'll come down a bit further (MA?)

Are they crated?

nrhalnp

Post by nrhalnp » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:01 am

Can you guys send me your email addresses so we can coordinate? As it stands now, I have a Raleigh NC pilot ready to fly to VA; a PA pilot meeting him in VA; a CT pilot meeting him in PA and need someone to fly up to Norridgewock. The passenger list has changed --- the great pyr are not going on this flight - we have 6 small dogs (1 at 35 lbs and the rest a 15 lbs or less) who need to get up to Heidi in Maine. We can send crates.

Renee or Mr Wright --

if either of you can help on Sunday, please let me know. I need to prepare a contact sheet, and to finalize the flight. Thanks.

Joy

wrightjt

Post by wrightjt » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Sunday wx looks like IMC for Maine, which makes me unavailable. I'll keep checking to see if the forecast improves. I'd really like to help out, if possible.

rlg152

Post by rlg152 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi Joy,

We wouldn't be able to go up to Norridgewock this Sunday, because we are currently committed to another mission this weekend to Sanford, ME from our home base in CT. As of right now, the rescue team is currently trying to finalize for this Saturday.

Renee
rlg152