Albuquerque to Phoenix - Sat, Feb. 23

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
dogcopilot
Zip Code: 66102
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Albuquerque to Phoenix - Sat, Feb. 23

Post by dogcopilot » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 pm

Number of animals being transported: 2
Breeds, weight, age: Boxer mix, 45#, 10 years; Australian Shepherd, 10#, 10 weeks
Health Condition: Both fine
Heart worm Status: Unknown for both
Vaccinations: UTD - in pup's case, age appropriate
Health Certificate: Yes for both
Spay/Neutered: Boxer mix, yes; baby will be neutered when she's older
Special needs: Baby is vision and hearing impaired and will travel in a small crate; no feet on the ground for her
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Amazing Aussies/Diane Scott
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Amazing Aussies/Terry Black
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Joan Nickum - [email protected] - 913-909-6496
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation:
Luigi, the boxer mix, is traveling all the way from Kansas to California to his forever home. That's quite a distance for an old man, so I'm trying to shorten it up whenever/however I can. Since the baby is undervaccinated, I'd like to keep the trip as short as possible for her too. Thanks so much for all you do!!
Last edited by dogcopilot on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wla1951
Zip Code: 87544
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLAM
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Re: Albuquerque to Phoenix - Sat, Feb. 23

Post by wla1951 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:13 am

Hi. My home base is in Los Alamos, NM, which is about 25 min north of Albuquerque. I fly a Cherokee 235. While it has a great weight caring ability, it is limited in space. I own one large carrier, which is rated up to 65#. But if I put that in the rear seat, it fills the back seat. I can put the carrier in the cargo area, but that is a tight fit and very closed in with no view. I would like to help but the only option I have is to put the puppy in the carrier in the cargo hold and the boxer in a harness (we I can provide) in the back seat. I am not sure how well that would work. Do you have any suggestions?

Walt Atchison
N8849W
KLAM
Los Alamos, NM

dogcopilot
Zip Code: 66102
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by dogcopilot » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:47 am

Walt, I think that would work very well - our little pup is a lethal white - hearing and vision impaired. So she wouldn't appreciate the view in any case. :)

It would be about 2:30 pm before the dogs could make it to your airport - they're coming from Clinton, OK. Would you prefer to grab them from Clinton and get them to Los Alamos - either way would work for me.

Thanks so much for the offer. Would you mind emailing me your response? I get it so much quicker. [email protected]

jason.dearchs

Post by jason.dearchs » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:05 pm

im a phx pilot that can fly east or west on sunday or monday.