Done we found ground transport. Thank you to all!!!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ktroy

Done we found ground transport. Thank you to all!!!

Post by ktroy » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:42 pm

DONETwo Border Collie mixes that were pulled from York, SC Animal Control have been in boarding close to a month awaiting a ride to go to their rescue. We need to get them moved ASAP. We are willing to drive the dogs to fly out of any surrounding area within two hours (Charlotte, NC, Salisbury, NC etc).............Can anybdy help them get to their rescue? The dogs are very sweet aprox 35-40 lbs. Thanks for your help.
Last edited by ktroy on Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Two dogs need a Ride from York, SC to Carlisle, PA

Post by DJK3737T » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 am

A couple of comments: The Rock Hill / York County airport (UZA) should be acceptable to most GA pilots -- it has a nice, wide 5500-foot runway and reasonably good instrument approaches.

Carlisle (N94) is trickier -- the runway there is only 40 feet wide, which can be challenging in a crosswind, and the weather has to be somewhat better before a pilot can get in. Harrisburg International (MDT) and Capital City (CXY) would both be good alternatives if necessary.

Finally, another rescuer is trying to move two female Australian shepherds from the Charlotte area to the vicinity of Danbury, Conncecticut (DXR). A pilot with enough room for four dogs might be able to combine these transports.

I am watching the weather and waiting to see if I'll be able to fly from northern Maryland up toward Long Island this weekend, in which case I'm hoping to help with the shepherds on my way. At this point, the weather doesn't look encouraging. However, if it cleans up, and if it's possible for someone to get all four dogs up here, I could certainly drop the Border collies in either Carlisle or Harrisburg en route.

Best,

-- DJK
David Kenny

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Two dogs need a Ride from York, SC to Carlisle, PA

Post by DJK3737T » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:22 pm

It doesn't appear that I'll be able to fly at all this weekend. I'll try to work on coordinating both rescues from that area on Sunday the 28th, but please keep working all other angles, too!

Best,

-- DJK