DONE - URGENT Dogs life in danger

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
GetMeTherePlease

DONE - URGENT Dogs life in danger

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:54 am

I am grateful to the pilots that stepped up. Thank you!! Apollo got a ground transport offer all the way to GA

Cheryl
Roads of Hope

Number of animals being transported:1
Breeds, weight, age:: 6 months, medium build, 45 pounds
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: Unknown
Vaccinations: will be up to date
Health Certificate: will have for transport
Spay/Neutered: will be done
Special needs: none
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Owner Surrender
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Going to Screened Approved Adopter
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Roads of Hope Animal Rescue Transport Inc
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: Situation developed in family where a special needs child became abusive towards the dogs. For the dogs’ safety they must be relocated to new homes. This dog was not injured but another dog in the home was. The adopter is willing to assume care and responsibility for Apollo
Attachments
Apollo_Side_March2013.jpg
Last edited by GetMeTherePlease on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: URGENT Dogs life in danger from Family Member

Post by waderoberts » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Cheryl,

I'm good to fly, but with a limited range these next two weeks. Weather permitting, I could fly Houston/Victoria-New Orleans or thereabouts.

Best,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

GetMeTherePlease

Re: URGENT Dogs life in danger from Family Member

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:26 pm

waderoberts wrote:Cheryl,

I'm good to fly, but with a limited range these next two weeks. Weather permitting, I could fly Houston/Victoria-New Orleans or thereabouts.

Best,
Wade
Hi Wade

I'm glad you are recovered ;0) I was thankfully able to secure ground transport as of This morning and Apollo is on his way. I didn't want to post anything on this board until I was sure everything was a go and I just got confirmation about an hour ago that all is good.

I'll keep your information and make contact with you again should the need arise.

Artemis the other little pup (Apollo's Buddy going to Colorado) is on her way too.

Thank you
Cheryl
Roads of Hope

waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: FILLED via ground - URGENT Dogs life in danger

Post by waderoberts » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:45 pm

Great news! Makes me feel a little better. Just learned that one of my last transports right before surgery, a 14-year-old min pin, died in her sleep last night at her new home. I can't stop crying . . . .

Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

GetMeTherePlease

Re: FILLED via ground - URGENT Dogs life in danger

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:40 pm

waderoberts wrote:Great news! Makes me feel a little better. Just learned that one of my last transports right before surgery, a 14-year-old min pin, died in her sleep last night at her new home. I can't stop crying . . . .

Wade
Ohhhh Wade so sorry to hear this news. The only comforting words I can give is this, That she was in a home surrounded with people that loved her and not in a cold cage in a shelter alone. Hopefully she had a few days with her new family so they were able to give her lots of love and goodies so that those were the memories she took with her.

((HUGS))
Cheryl
Roads Of Hope