URGENT! Medical-Apple Valley CA to San Jose CA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Dorothy Stone-Inouye
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

URGENT! Medical-Apple Valley CA to San Jose CA

Post by Dorothy Stone-Inouye » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:29 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Australian Cattledog, 30 lbs, 2 years old.
Health Condition: Good - recovering
Heart worm Status: neg
Vaccinations: Up to date
Health Certificate: N/A
Spay/Neutered: not yet

Special needs: YES - was hit by a car and recovering from surgery, needs to get to medical foster home asap. Traveling in a #300 varikennel crate with ortho bed and a bag with blanket, medicines, papers, and a little food for her transition.

Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Redwood Coast Cattledog Rescue
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Redwood Coast Cattledog Rescue
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Please email [email protected] directly w contact info or call Dorothy 707-338-9319 cell (text will work too)
Are you a 501c3: in the process

Additional Info/situation:
Vesta is a very sweet friendly small blue cattledog who was hit by a car and suffered a bad hip dislocation. She was taken direct from the shelter to the vet at Bear Valley Animal Hospital where she underwent FHO surgical procedure as her femur/hip connection could not be salvaged. She is now recovering and will be transitioned off of iv's tomorrow and ready to travel Saturday. We need to get her to our medical foster home who lives in Sunnyvale, CA ASAP They will be able to pick up most days but have especially made sure they are available this weekend in hope we can get her a lift there.
She is not in good enough shape for ground travel yet but she is not in bad enough shape that she needs to remain in the hospital.
Thank you!
PS Trying to upload a small picture but not working so will try again later.
#300 VariKennel = 32" x 22w x 23h
Attachments
Vesta post surgery 4-10-2013 smaller.jpg
Vesta's feeling a little better after her run in with a car, her 5 day stay at Hesperia City shelter and finally her surgery to relieve a lot of pain and now needs a lift to San Jose CA area
Last edited by Dorothy Stone-Inouye on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

commuter909
Zip Code: 92592
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: F70

Re: URGENT! Medical-Apple Valley CA to San Jose CA

Post by commuter909 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:54 pm

I can help Vesta this Saturday morning, I am leaving Temecula for San Jose RHV Saturday morning, but I am not sure what #300 crate is and if it will fit in my airplane, I usuaully do not use crates so could she lay in her ortho bed in my airplane without the crate? I am sure that we can figure this out.

You can call me @ 951 906-6276

Thanks
Robert D.

Dorothy Stone-Inouye

Post by Dorothy Stone-Inouye » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:46 am

commuter909 wrote:I can help Vesta this Saturday morning, I am leaving Temecula for San Jose RHV Saturday morning, but I am not sure what #300 crate is and if it will fit in my airplane, I usuaully do not use crates so could she lay in her ortho bed in my airplane without the crate? I am sure that we can figure this out.

You can call me @ 951 906-6276

Thanks
Robert D.

Thank you Robert! Looks like this will work perfectly! Email to go out soon per our conversation

Dorothy Stone-Inouye

Post by Dorothy Stone-Inouye » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:36 am

Thank you so very much for giving this sweet little one a lift Robert!
Attachments
11830_10151426461054440_479321266_n.jpg
Robert Dominguez and Vesta right before take-off, Apple Valley CA April 13, 2013