2 GSPs Need Transport Sacramento area to San Diego area

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
AZPilot
Zip Code: 92103
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSEE
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 2 GSPs Need Transport Sacramento area to San Diego area

Post by AZPilot » Thu May 30, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi, Cheryl

I'll be staying overnight (Friday night) at the Placerville Airport. There is just one facility where all the aircraft are parked, so it should be easy to find at the end of Airport Road. For information, the volunteers can call El Dorado County Airport Admin at 530-622-0459 (located at the airport). The posted opening time is 8:00 am, but they can enter the building earlier if needed. I'll be there by 8:00 am. The tail number of my aircraft is N51895, a white high-wing Cessna with red, yellow, and blue striping; photo attached. My cell phone is 520-390-7300.

At Carlsbad-Palomar Airport, I'll be parking at Western Flight Services, adjacent to the control tower. The volunteers can call Western at 760-438-6800 for directions and parking. They should look for my aircraft, as described above, tail number N51895.

Important Note for the SoCal volunteers: They can track the flight on the Internet via computer or smartphone at http://www.flightaware.com, . This will display a map showing our exact position and estimated time of landing; very helpful. On the website, the left side of the screen displays a section entitled "Private Flight Tracker". In the box for "Flight/Tail #", they would enter "N51895" and click on the "TRACK FLIGHT" button.

The weather looks good and I'm going to the airport today to make sure there are no mechanical issues with the plane (last flew a week ago). Please do send me the volunteers' phone numbers when available.

-- Marty
Attachments
N51895 Arrives in Tucson 2-9-11.jpg
Marty Jansen
San Diego Gillespie Field, KSEE
Cherokee Six
520-390-7300
[email protected]