Special needs kitten in NJ got a home in Calgary, Canada

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Lisa_TCR

Special needs kitten in NJ got a home in Calgary, Canada

Post by Lisa_TCR » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: feline Domestic Short Hair, under 2lbs, under 3 months
Health Condition: good
Heart worm Status: n/a
Vaccinations: current on age-appropriate immunizations
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: no, due to medical condition
Special needs: yes. Psi was born with Spina Bifida leaving her incontinent and her back legs are partially paralyzed. She wears the cutest little diapers!
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Lisa Tusay, Trenton Cats Rescue
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Bailey Maitland, adopter
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Lisa Tusay [email protected] 201-725-0179
Are you a 501c3: pending, application filed May 2012
Additional Info/situation:
Looking to transport a special needs kitten named Psi to her new furever home in Calgary, Canada.
Because she needs to be manually expressed every 6-8 hours, it would be impractical for Psi to travel via ground transportation and, if flying, she should be in the cabin (not in cargo).
We'd like the travel to happen within the next few weeks but the exact timing is flexible.
Ideally, we would locate someone trustworthy, who's planning to fly non-stop into Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Vancouver, Seattle or Spokane from anywhere within about two hours of Trenton, NJ such as Philadelphia, Newark Liberty, LaGuardia or JFK and have them bring her on board as their carry-on item.
Any ideas?
Attachments
2013-05-30_psi.jpg
Psi

DTBorden
Zip Code: 59864
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 7S0
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Special needs kitten in NJ got a home in Calgary, Canada

Post by DTBorden » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:48 am

The Great Circle route for this trip passes almost directly overhead my base, Ronan, Montana (airport code 7S0). If transport can be coordinated to near to my location I can deliver a final leg to Spokane-Felts Field, Washington.

I would add that I believe your hope of finding transport as you describe is very unlikely, but it certainly doesn't hurt to try. Also, if the final destination is Calgary, Spokane is something of an overshoot. There are numerous P&P members in northern Montana directly south of Calgary. Perhaps you've already made arrangements out of Spokane.

Donn Borden
406-241-5322
[email protected]

Lisa_TCR

Post by Lisa_TCR » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:26 am

Thanks for your reply, Donn.
Psi's adopter is located in Calgary but is willing to drive quite a distance to pick up her new baby - she just can't realistically drive to NJ. The major surrounding cities she gave me are Edmonton, Saskatoon, Regina, Vancouver, Seattle and Spokane. The forum asked for one US zip code so I picked Spokane but it could be anywhere within a day's drive of Calgary. Not sure if that makes it easier or not.
Last night I found out that WestJest has a daily non-stop commercial flight from Newark, NJ to Calgary, AB but I imagine security would frown on me standing in the airport with a hitchhiker's sign (Calgary or Bust!) on Psi's carrier! :lol: I will pay for the airline's pet transport fee - I just can't send her as luggage. Any ideas on how to find someone trustworthy who's planning to take that flight, or maybe a pilot or steward on that route, who would be willing to have her be their carry-on item?

Lisa_TCR

Post by Lisa_TCR » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:50 am

Thanks to all of your help, hard work, 'sharing', and care, Bailey and I are happy to announce that we have found a wonderful volunteer to transport little miss Psi to her new home on July 28th! ♥
Specifically we'd like to thank Alana and Crepes from Catinthefridge.com, Frank, Amber and Stacy! We couldn't have made it happen without all of you!!
So, while the transport isn't completed yet, I'm going to mark this one Done so it doesn't clog up the forum.
Thanks again!
Lisa