UPDATE:Roanoke Rapids, NC (27870) - White Plains, NY (10605)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
darwin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

UPDATE:Roanoke Rapids, NC (27870) - White Plains, NY (10605)

Post by darwin » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Number of animals being transported: 2
Breeds, weight, age: Both are Pits, Jericho (male) 64 lbs and 2 ½ yrs old; Pearl (female) 48 lbs and 3 yrs old.
Health Condition: Both are good
Heart worm Status: Both are negative
Vaccinations: Both are up to date
Health Certificate: Will be completed by transport date
Spay/Neutered: Both are altered
Special needs: Foster mom said that Jericho is very hyper and would be bouncing all over the place. She recommends that he is crated to keep him still. Pearl is very laid back. Neither are aggressive and get along well with each other and other dogs in their current foster home.
Name of Sending & Receiving Rescue/Parties: Sending: Triple H Rescue located in Lucama, NC; Receiving: Animals R Family located in Stamford, CT
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected] 252-292-6354
Are you a 501c3: yes/yes
Additional Info/situation: Both of these have been in the same foster home for the last couple of years. It is very, very hard to find reputable pit groups that are willing to take pits into their rescue since they are a hard to place breed. Nichole, foster mom, with Animals R Family has taken a pit last year from Triple H Rescue and placed her successfully. There is a waiting list for pits to come into their rescue. Finally, Jericho and Pearl made it to the top of their list and need to find pilots to help get them there any time after July 14. The foster mom prefers a Thurs or Fri but will work with us on a weekend if a flight cannot be found on a Thurs or Friday. This restriction is due to her work schedule. The bad news is, if Jericho and Pearl does not make it to their new foster home in CT by the end of July, they will be moved back to the bottom of the long waiting list. The foster mom in NC can meet a pilot at IXA (Roanoke Rapids, NC) and the receiving foster mom can meet a pilot at White Plains, NY airport. If you can help with this flight, please contact [email protected]. Let’s try to get them up to NY after July 14 so they can find their forever homes. Thank You!
UPDATE: Have a pilot that can help July 20/21 IXA to DMW. Need a northern leg for this coming weekend. Can anyone do DMW to White Plains???
Another option: Have a pilot that can help July 25/26/27/28 from DMW or around that area to White Plains. Can anyone to the southern leg that week/weekend down to IXA???
Please help if possible. These two are depending on your help to get them a step closer to their forever home.
Last edited by darwin on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pam Hensley
Wilson, NC

jreederhi

Re: UPDATE:Roanoke Rapids, NC (27870) - White Plains, NY (10

Post by jreederhi » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:05 am

I am pretty flexible about dates around the 27th and 28th of July. A Monday thru Friday may work as well if I have some notice. This will be for the northern part of this trip. From the VA/MD area into White Plains or thereabouts. Janice

darwin

Post by darwin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:31 pm

Have a pilot for this Sat/Sun our of DMW that can fly down to IXA to pick up Jericho and Pearl. Can anyone do the northern leg this weekend?

If not, I have a pilot for the northern leg the following week/weekend (July 25-29). Can anyone do the southern leg that week/weekend??
Pam Hensley
Wilson, NC

darwin

Post by darwin » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:53 pm

The weather forecast is looking good in NC for Sat. Anyone interested in helping with the flight this coming Sat Still need a northern leg for July 20/21.
Pam Hensley
Wilson, NC

sbusuttil
Zip Code: 17345
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCXY
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by sbusuttil » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:23 am

There's a possibility I can take them from NoVA to HPN Saturday morning, the earlier the better.
Question will jasper the larger and more hyper dog fit into a med travel crate for the less then 2 hr flight?
I'm based at HEF (Manassas) and the transfer there would work for me.

Steven Busuttil
N242MD
KHEF
Steve Busuttil
N242MD - Mooney Ovation
[email protected]
410-218-4219

darwin

Post by darwin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:57 pm

Let me check with the 1st leg out of Westminster.

Thanks
Pam Hensley
Wilson, NC

darwin

Post by darwin » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Steven,

I emailed the first leg out of DMV that can fly down to IXA. Would you be able to pick up the dogs at DMV on your way to HPN?

You can also email me back at [email protected]. If this would work, I can put you and the first leg pilot in contact with each other.

Thank You
Pam Hensley
Wilson, NC

darwin

Post by darwin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:26 am

Most Current Update: July 18th

We have both legs covered for this Sat as long as the weather cooperates. Will do a follow-up after this weekend.

Thank you Michelle and Steven for volunteering for this weekend.
Pam Hensley
Wilson, NC