Shy Beagle Needs a Ride - Beaver Falls, PA - Monee, IL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
cathyperdeus

Shy Beagle Needs a Ride - Beaver Falls, PA - Monee, IL

Post by cathyperdeus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Number of animals being transported: One - could be more based on adoption flows
Breeds, weight, age: Beagle, 25 – 35 pounds, adult
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: Up to Date
Health Certificate: Will be provided if required
Spay/Neutered: Spayed
Special needs: Please see “Additional Info”
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Midwest BREW
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Midwest BREW
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Additional Info/situation: Hi Pilots! We have a VERY shy girl who needs to be moved from her foster home in Pennsylvania to her forever home in Iowa. We are hoping to keep the disruption to a minimum, and are reaching out to see if we can find two pilots who can get her from PA to IL (forever family will be driving to IL to get her). The locations we have noted are suggestions, and we are willing to adjust to other locations that may be more convenient for you since you will be doing us the favor. We are targeting 8/24 or 8/25 and realize this would be contingent on good weather conditions. Shyla (appropriately named) and Midwest BREW appreciate any consideration!
Last edited by cathyperdeus on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

mohlinger

Re: Shy Beagle Needs a Ride - Beaver Falls, PA - Monee, IL

Post by mohlinger » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:16 pm

Hello Cathy,
I could do the entire flight or a portion if another pilot wants to do the west half of the flight. If I do the entire flight, I can pick up at Zelienple (KPJC) and deliver to Landsing (KIGQ)
Mark Ohlinger
Bonanza 1032W
Akron Fulton Airport (KAKR)

cathyperdeus

Post by cathyperdeus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:19 pm

Thanks so much Mark! Let's see if we can get someone to split this with you since it is a pretty long distance! We really appreciate it!!!!

bigairh20

Post by bigairh20 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:45 pm

mark, not a super long flight, but we could take leg one to help you out, bring dog to your home base in akron so you don't have to come to PA and make a third landing...let me know if that works, and if so we can go super early on sunday

cathyperdeus

Post by cathyperdeus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Mark - let us know your thoughts!!!

mohlinger

Post by mohlinger » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:09 pm

I like the thought, so Shyla will be brought to Akron, and I will deliver her to Landsing or somewhere like that. Thanks bigairh20, good idea. My plane will not need to endure (suffer) an extra landing completed by me..........lol

bigairh20

Post by bigairh20 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:24 pm

Mark,
does sunday morning work for you, and does that work for the sending party...we are based in allegheny county...they can either bring the dog here or let us know what airport is closest and then we can be in akron asap...
we are pittsburgh aviation animal rescue team and I am brad...
thanks

bigairh20

Post by bigairh20 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:25 pm

I just read that it is not this sunday...we can do this trip any weekend but can it go this sunday

mohlinger

Post by mohlinger » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:30 pm

Hello all,
I can fly most any day, it just needs to be vfr for me to make the flight. AKR to Lansing will be a little less than 2 hours for me.
Mark

cathyperdeus

Post by cathyperdeus » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:35 am

Thanks for all the great ideas everyone! We are TOTALLY flexible on the PA drop off location so the Allegheny County Airport is perfectly fine. We are shooting for two weekend from now based on a number of reasons. If we could shoot for the 24th and have the 25th a contingency date in the event of unfavorable weather that would be great. If, however, the 25th works best we can simply run with that date. We are planning an all ground transport in the event weather does not cooperate. If that would happen and one of the two of you are unable to fly, but the other one can, are you flexible with adjusting locations? Thanks so much!!