8 Boxer-mix Puppies--LA to TX

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
carolynharris

8 Boxer-mix Puppies--LA to TX

Post by carolynharris » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:11 am

Number of animals being transported: 8
Breeds, weight, age: Boxer mixes, 8 weeks old, approx. 8-10 # each
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: Good
Vaccinations: Unknown
Health Certificate:
Spay/Neutered: N/A
Special needs: N/A
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Heartstrings, Broussard, LA, for private party
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Brazoria Co. Humane Society, Manvel, TX
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Carolyn Harris, #337/837-5930, or [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: Receiving
Additional Info/situation:

Eight Boxer-mix pups are being rescued by Brazoria County Humane Society near Houston to save them from having to go to the local animal control in Thibodaux, LA. Puppies are weaned and on solid food. They appear to be "chunky" pups, so think no more than 3 pups will fit per medium crate. Therefore, I believe it will take at least 3 mediums to accommodate all 8. We could also go with a number of smaller crates and decrease the puppy count per crate. Smaller crates are sometimes easier to work with since they can be stacked and secured with bungee cords. Whatever works best for the pilot is what we'll do.

We prefer to fly into Pearland Regional (LVJ) since it is so near the shelter. We can get them to the Thibodaux airport (L83) any day of the week/weekend, as these pups are in a private home.

Many thanks to Eric Kallio for completing this transport on Saturday, August 24. He got to Thibodaux before 8 a.m. and arrived back at his home base just about 20 minutes ahead of our daily afternoon thunderstorms. Thanks to all who offered to help.
Attachments
Boxer mix pup _1_opt.jpg
Boxer mix pup _2_opt.jpg
Boxer mix pup _2_opt.jpg (34 KiB) Viewed 241 times
Boxer mix pup _3_opt.jpg
Boxer mix pup _3_opt.jpg (42.95 KiB) Viewed 241 times
Last edited by carolynharris on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LisaABragg
Zip Code: 52241
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 8 Boxer-mix Puppies--LA to TX

Post by LisaABragg » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:33 pm

Pilot Tom Bragg from Pearland will fly out and get them.
He will post more details tonight.
- Thanks, Lisa

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KVES

Post by CleoBen » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi Carolyn,

I can fly these cuties either Sunday morning or Monday morning.

TB
N24TD
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:06 pm

Let me know what you think about the impending storm moving in. At first, our weatherman said it would be rolling in Sunday night with Thibodaux right in the heart of a projected 2" rainmaker. Then, at the close of the broadcast, he said it would be coming in tomorrow night. Can you let me know what your Wx is telling you? The owner is free for sure on Sunday but don't know about Monday.

CleoBen
Zip Code: 45338
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KVES

Post by CleoBen » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:18 am

This morning's weather is showing clear today and tomorrow, 50% chance of rain on Monday. All subject to change as the system out in the Gulf develops or disbands.

CB
Based at KCID in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. My range is about a 250 mile radius around KCID - Roughly defined by a circle including Green Bay, WI; Twin Cities, MN; Sioux Falls, SD; Lincoln, NE; Topeka, KS; St Louis, MO; Indianapolis, IN; and Benton Harbor, MI.

C182T

Post by C182T » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:56 pm

Just want to make sure this was hopefully completed today! If it wasn't I could possibly make this transport Thursday morning early, I would be picking the pups up at 7 am to get them to Pearland Regional, all depending on decent weather. Let me know if any help is still needed!

Thanks,
BK

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Dear BK,

No, as luck would have it, Tom's plane suffered a mechanical problem and we had to abort the mission.

If you could do it Thursday, think that would be great. Please email me at [email protected] and/or call me
at 337/837-5930.

I don't think I have met you, as I don't recognize your moniker!!

Carolyn