1 Leg Left (IND to WI) on Monday 10/14 for 2 Dogs

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
mikegreen
Zip Code: 80204
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 75

Re: 1 Leg Left (IND to WI) on Monday 10/14 for 2 Dogs

Post by mikegreen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:59 am

I am flying from Dayton to Janesville, WI this Saturday. I could swing by Indy and pick them up and drop them off @ Jaynesville (KJVL).

Which leads me to ask..
Could they get to Indy Saturday mid/late morning?

Can the Appleton to MN flight meet me @ KJVL?

regards,
Mike
---
Mike
part time forum, maps, and web server jockey with occasional flying

chrisperry2211

Re: Moved to: Interested in Joining in the Great KY Effort?

Post by chrisperry2211 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:11 pm

Mike and Bruce,
Thank you for offering your assistance with this transport.
We have moved them to another post with other dogs needing transport this week.
Here is the PNP link:
http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... =5&t=24862

Christina

mikegreen

Post by mikegreen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:34 pm

Christina,
There is a lot going on I that thread. If you can use me to fly on my planned route let me know....I can't follow 6 routes with multiple legs and try to fit in

Thanks,
Mike
---
Mike

joyceb
Zip Code: 01949
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by joyceb » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:59 pm

Hi Mike,

I have been communicating with a pilot that may be able to meet you at KMGY. He said that MGY is an acceptable airport, but his home base of KHAO is slightly more convenient. Is KHAO acceptable and on your route? Could you also tell me what time do you need the pilot to meet you? Lastly, we are working on finalizing the last leg. This flight may only need to go to West Bend, WI. As you know, we are trying to move 17 adults and 11 pups in this massive airlift, so we can give you as many dogs as you feel comfortable in taking. By the way, we have a reporter that is interested in covering this event. Thank you again!!

http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24862
Joyce Burke
Volunteer Transport Coordinator
Taylor County Animal Shelter, Campbellsville, KY
Cell (MA): 978 766-1464
[email protected]

mikegreen

Post by mikegreen » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Hi,
Is Mark still available to fly all the way from TN to KLOT on Sunday?
I ask because I have two other PNP trips that could go too
( http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... =5&t=24813 and http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... =5&t=24854 )
and if Mark can do these on Sunday I can cram a few more dogs in Saturday from elsewhere.

It appears, based on the map - http://pilotsnpaws.org/maps/maps_trips.php
That this trip is departing the same location as the 2nd link above... are they dupe trips?

thanks,

Mike
---
Mike

chrisperry2211

Post by chrisperry2211 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:16 pm

Mike,
The dogs in that post are from a different shelter & sender. KAAS Is the closest airport for many surrounding counties.

Thanks
Christina

joyceb
Zip Code: 01949
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by joyceb » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:57 pm

HI Mike,
I hope you received the email that I sent at around 3:45 pm. I also left you a voice message shortly after seeing your last post. Mark is taking different dogs than above as we need to get these dogs moved out prior to his departure. With the euth order for 20 dogs and pups, I am pleased to say that with the tremendous help of great pilots and rules at all kill shelters that allow for folks to pay for boarding, we have been able to save them all. We have secured a pilot that is picking up these dogs from Campbellsville and bringing them to your airport by 9:45 am ET. We have also secured a pilot for the last leg to meet you at your destination in Jainsville, WI. Lastly, we have secured fosters in Jainsville in case of inclement weather. I was happily amazed that we were able to secure a pilot willing to be in the air at 6:30 am on Saturday to pick up our dogs in Campbellsville, bring them back to your homebase, as well as secure the connecting legs and backup WI foster plan. I was getting nervous after spending so many hours to secure these plans that we were not going to be able to do this. As Chris mentions in her post earlier and mentioned in my email, a number of other rescue alliances use this field. The other post is unrelated. I was also lucky that the first pilot could take these dogs as they are the maximum for the Campbellsville pilot's plane configuration. After several failed attempts due to weather and mechanical failures, I can't wait to see these dogs at their new rescue.

On a side note, there is a reporter that is interested in doing a story about this large airlift. Would you be interested in speaking with him? Thank you again!!
Joyce and Chris
Joyce Burke
Volunteer Transport Coordinator
Taylor County Animal Shelter, Campbellsville, KY
Cell (MA): 978 766-1464
[email protected]