Blind Border Collie needs a ride back home!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
terri@taketheleash

Blind Border Collie needs a ride back home!

Post by terri@taketheleash » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Border Collie, ~45 lbs,
Health Condition: Good (Blind from birth but in good health)
Heart worm Status: Negative
Vaccinations: Up to Date
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Neutered
Special needs: Kota is blind but has no real special needs other than making sure he doesn't walk into things in unfamiliar places
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Hull's Haven Border Collie Rescue
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Terri Kaplan (Spencer)
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected] (Please email me if you need my phone number and I will be happy to provide it.)
Are you a 501c3: Working with one (Hull's Haven)
Additional Info/situation:

A woman in a neighboring county bought Kota not knowing that he was permanently blind. (The breeder was not honest with her). She posted in an online group asking if she should have the little puppy put down or return him to the breeder for a refund. Long story short, I quickly offered to take him and find a good home. I was pregnant at the time with two dogs of my own so had no plans of permanently adding a third dog. However, finding a GOOD home I trusted in this area proved to be nearly impossible. We had Kota for about a year before I finally decided to reach out to Hull's Haven for help. They were able to take Kota but, unfortunately, the transition has been more than a little rough. He is now very stressed and confused by all the changes and after months of working with him, we all agreed that the best course of action is to get him back here, not as a foster, but as his permanent home. I had no idea that Kota would react so badly to the changes but he just isn't coping well and we're having a very hard time figuring out how to move a dog south (most end up going the opposite direction).

We believe we have a ride from Winnipeg to Minneapolis around Nov. 15th but we need to get him from Minneapolis, MN to as close to Owensboro, KY as possible.

Last edited by terri@taketheleash on Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdulick
Zip Code: 43054
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCMH
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Re: Blind Border Collie needs a ride back home!

Post by jdulick » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Where is the dog currently? I'm flying back from Mlps to Columbus, OH on Tuesday at 4pm if it would be of any help.
N62EL
(925)300-5762

cpsczi
Zip Code: 62220
Airport identifier: KCPS
Distance willing to fly one way: 80

Post by cpsczi » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:31 pm

I don't have access to an airplane anymore, but I'm willing to DRIVE approximately 100 mile radius of St. Louis. Good luck and this baby clearly loves and needs you.
Diane

terri@taketheleash

Post by terri@taketheleash » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:04 pm

Thank you both! Right now, he is in Winnipeg, Canada. We have someone who may be able to get him to MN but not until around the 15th of November.

jdulick
Zip Code: 43054
Airport identifier: KCMH
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by jdulick » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:16 pm

I may be flying from Mlps to Columbus OH again on 11/19 or 11/20 if it would help. Feel free to email or PM me.
N62EL
(925)300-5762

terri@taketheleash

Post by terri@taketheleash » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:39 am

That may work... if I can find him a place to stay until you make your flight. I will be in touch if I can come up with something. Thank you!

RRamin

Post by RRamin » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:22 pm

If someone can get him to Peoria or thereabouts I can get him to Kentucky
I live in St. Louis so around there would be OK too
Rick
Cell 314 520 0148.

ajames124

Post by ajames124 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:51 pm

I could go from Chicago to Peoria for RRamin

terri@taketheleash

Post by terri@taketheleash » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:55 pm

So if we could get him from Minneapolis to Chicago he'd then have a ride to Peoria and then on to KY? That definitely sounds doable.

ajames124

Post by ajames124 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:59 pm

Definitely sounds doable! I'd prefer meeting at the Lewis University airport KLOT just southwest of Chicago but could meet at another Chicagoland airport. Prefer weekends but weekdays are ok (except for Monday and Tuesday)