DISABLED CHIWEENIE PEARLAND TX/SAN ANGELO TX ASAP

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
johnknight5242

Re: DISABLED CHIWEENIE PEARLAND TX/SAN ANGELO TX ASAP

Post by johnknight5242 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Nacodoches is way to the east. Pearland to Austin is the best bet. What is the weight on the rat? An owner requirement is that all critters must be crated and, of course, both crates must fit safely in a 172 - they need to be pretty small.

Wade: let's use Sat 12/21 as a backup if the WX goes south Thursday,

Janet: Will route plan tonight and let you know the time of our anticipated arrival in San Angelo.

Let's hope for good weather.

Regards to all.

cardrac2000
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 40XS
Distance willing to fly one way: 100

Post by cardrac2000 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:15 pm

Sounds like you are good to go with Wade and John at this point. If you end up needing me, I would have to get very creative to carry two dogs that can't be crated together. These two are so small that I could probably hatch a plan if I take out the passenger seat - I fly a 2-seat airplane with a very small baggage area that will only fit one crate. Tanya
Tanya
40XS, RV-9A

janet cryer anderson

Post by janet cryer anderson » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:48 am

I am thinking they can actually travel together as both love other dogs but i am tryig to pull this one together :) i will keep you up on wehats going on :)

janet cryer anderson

Post by janet cryer anderson » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:56 am

John can i crate them together in a create about the size you broght miracle in :)

johnknight5242

Post by johnknight5242 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:51 am

Good morning,

I don't remember the dimensions of Miracle's travel crate. If you could measure it and pass them along it would be appreciated. Though the baggage area is somewhat larger, what goes in there is limited by the size of the door (15.25 x 21 inches) . The passenger door is larger at 32 x 39 inches and gives access to the back seat where we could strap in a crate. We can make this work - just trying to make sure we don't have an unpleasant size-surprise when we try to load them up. Looking forward to this. The weather still looks pretty good. Let's hope that holds.

Regards to all.

johnknight5242

Post by johnknight5242 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:00 am

Wade,

As a "just in case" please send me your contact information in case there is a need for last minute coordination before we hit the air-ways. My cell is 254-749-0021.

I have a number of hours in Cardinals (both fixed and retract) from several years ago. Many fond memories of enjoying such a beautiful airplane. We used to own a second cousin in the form of a Cutlass (172RG).

Looking forward to meeting you.

Regards.

janet cryer anderson

Post by janet cryer anderson » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:44 am

John,
Wades Contact info is
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
cell: 312-806-8928

waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by waderoberts » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:50 am

John: I'm at 312-806-8928 (cell) and [email protected]. The outlook for next Thursday is still promising; the only thing is projected 100% humidity at 6 a.m. here along the coast, which could force a delay while waiting for fog/mist/haze to clear (although the outlooks here for months, even up to 12 hours in advance, have been completely unreliable here for months). I'll keep 12/21 open as an alternative if we need it. When I was flight-training, my school had three aircraft: a Cherokee, a Skyhawk, and a Cardinal (from least expensive to most expensive hourly rental rates). Of course, I started in the Cherokee. It went down for annual, so I moved up to the 172. In my second flight, with my instructor, it had a total electrical failure and went down. Out of necessity, I moved up to the 177, and fell in love. After I got my PPL, I kept returning to rent that Cardinal. When I decided to buy, I only looked at Cardinals.

Janet: Any possibility of getting the terrier moved by ground to Pearland from Nacogdoches the day before the transport from LVJ-EDC-SJT? I could always fly it, but I'll need to plan.

Tanya: Damnit, foiled again.

Best,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

janet cryer anderson

Post by janet cryer anderson » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:55 am

Wade ,
thats what i am working on gettin litle Duke to Gracie ( you have met her ) shes got Tbone that way the 2 boys can get to know each other :)

johnknight5242

Post by johnknight5242 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:46 am

Last minute change - hope it doesn't toss a wrench in the works.

Just got a call from my FBO. It seems there was a crossed communication at their end re their schedule and they just discovered that a check ride has been scheduled in the plane I was going to use on Thursday that will mess up the timing we need for the pooch transfer. It is free on Wednesday 12/18 so can we move it up to then? I've reserved the aircraft for next Wednesday. If this works, or there is an issue, please let me know. Actually, the weather looks a bit better for Wednesday so this might be a good thing if everyone can make the scheduling work. Thanks.

Regards to all