DISABLED CHIWEENIE PEARLAND TX/SAN ANGELO TX ASAP

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: DISABLED CHIWEENIE PEARLAND TX/SAN ANGELO TX ASAP

Post by waderoberts » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:05 pm

No problem on this end, and the WX definitely looks a little better on Wednesday (less cloud cover and less morning humidity here).

My plane won't be buttoned back up until Tuesday night, which means that the terrier definitely needs to catch ground to Houston so both pooches are ready to fly Wednesday morning. Anticipating/hoping for a departure by 8:45 a.m., the pooches would need to arrive at my hangar at 8 a.m., definitely no later than 8:15 a.m.

Best,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

johnknight5242

Post by johnknight5242 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Wade: Sounds good. Let's hope the weather folks smile on us.

Janet: If We're airborne according to plan I should be on the ramp at Skyline around noon Wednesday 12/18.

Regards all.

janet cryer anderson

Post by janet cryer anderson » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:21 pm

John & Wade ,
i have add ons but they say they can all ride in the same crate ok we have Tbone the disabled Chiweenie , and then 3 small seniors a rat terrier Duke you knew about and 2 that were suppose to be tagged but didnt get done so i got them tagged one is a senior maltese and a senior doxie all small and have been together at the shelter except for Tbone who wasnt in a shelter but is doing great with his foster sibs :) if this is a problem let me know . and i will let the foster know wed is the day not thursday .. Wade let me know ots ok with you too ~Janet

johnknight5242

Post by johnknight5242 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:08 pm

Not a problem with the number but I need to know the individual and/or combined weights to make sure I can stay within load limits. Unfortunately C-172s are not great load haulers. Regards.

johnknight5242

Post by johnknight5242 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:09 pm

Forgot to mention the weight of the crate(s) need to be included. Thanks.

janet cryer anderson

Post by janet cryer anderson » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:26 pm

John ,
the combined weight of the crate and dog would be just under 50 pounds

janet cryer anderson

Post by janet cryer anderson » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:45 pm

I have asked Gracie again to measure the crate for me its not huge but will fit all 4 dogs in it and i have asked the fosters to keep them together as much as poss so they get use to being in a space together they are all very friendly dogs all owner surrenders no biters or fighters LOL for once :)

johnknight5242

Post by johnknight5242 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:47 am

Good morning,

Thanks for the update. In order to complete the flight planning I really need the total weight of the pups and crate ( confirm 4 pups and 1 crate?). 4 pups is probably OK weight-wise but I need to make sure I'm staying within the weight and balance limits of the plane as well as the size limits for where I'll put the crate. Carol is planning on riding along as "crew chief". Actually she is secretly in command of the whole operation when it comes to transporting critters but she lets me think I have some input. :D

I agree it makes more sense to move as many as possible at one time. Really looking forward to the trip.

Spent yesterday on a round trip flight (commercial) to Boston. Just got out of town before the bad part of the snow storm hit. As it was we were quite late and almost missed our connection in Atlanta to come home. It's been a while since I've seen snow flakes that big. Don't miss them at all.

Hope all as well. See you Wednesday.

Regards all.

janet cryer anderson

Post by janet cryer anderson » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:47 am

John ,
I saw a pic Carol had posted and wondered what ya'll was doing in Boston LOL the snow looked beautiful we dont see much if any out here :) Ok i am having them weighed today and Gracie is suppose to get me the crate measurements today or im gonna drive to houston LOL will post that as soon as it have it .

janet cryer anderson

Post by janet cryer anderson » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:57 am

John , the dogs weights all four total 40 pounds the crate weights 10 and she is measuring now will have that shortly , Tbone weiggs 8 pounds , duke weighs 12 ,
Ginger weight 7 pounds , and Eore weighs 10 and Tbone has a collapseable crib he sleeps in :O i just found that out it weighs about 30 pounds do you think we can get it on the flight or no thats gonna be 70 pounds of dogs and dog related items ? its your call the crib folds up .i have overshot the dog weights a tad to allow for changes between now and wed :)