LEGS NEEDED

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
waderoberts
Zip Code: 77546
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLVJ
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: LEGS NEEDED

Post by waderoberts » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:14 pm

I'm on hold for a two-day thing on Thursday-Friday (picking up a dog in Tyler, flying it back to Houston to board at my vet overnight, and then flying it toward New Orleans the next day). Mission depends of filling the last leg to Florida.

I could always fly a two-fer: collie up to Dallas, stop in Tyler on the return and pick up that dog. Since I need to deliver the pooch to my vet by 3 p.m. for overnighting, I'd need to arrive with the collie in Dallas by 11 a.m.

Could that work?

Best,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
N20223, Cessna 177B Cardinal II
Pearland (TX) Regional Airport (KLVJ)
Houston, TX area
cell: 312-806-8928

AggieMike88
Zip Code: 76205
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KDTO

Post by AggieMike88 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:18 pm

It can if you can bring the collie to Denton. I will be working Thursday, but that's not far from KDTO. I can keep the dog at work until I'm done, then take it on to Tulsa that evening.

If that's good for you, then we can work out the link up details.
Mike Farlow
Denton, TX (KDTO), North of D/FW.
1975 Cessna 182P - Aircraft is group owned & I'll need to work within the needs of other club member's schedules
Usually only available weekends, some weeknights are possible for shorter flights.

waderoberts

Post by waderoberts » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:53 pm

Mike,

Sounds like a plan. Let's hope the weather cooperates. Outlook in Houston currently is 30% chance of precip on Thursday.

Best,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
Houston, TX area

waderoberts

Post by waderoberts » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Linda / Texas Collie & Sheltie Rescue:

I may be combining this transport with a Tyler TX-Houston transport. If that one works out (depends on the final leg being filled to Florida; should know something in a day or two), I'd need to be back at Pearland Regional with the Tyler dog around 3 p.m. to get it to overnight boarding at my vet in preparation for flying it to Louisiana the following day.

Is there any chance that the collie could be delivered to Pearland by 8 a.m.? Flying from there to Denton without stopping at Hooks could save me as much as an hour to an hour-and-a-half flight time, and make it possible to transport two pooches in one flight. Just a thought . . . . Let me know . . . .

Best,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
Houston, TX area

AggieMike88

Post by AggieMike88 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Update: Laddie is chilling out in my office now. This is one awesome dog. Very well mannered. Even at PetCo where there were a few excited dogs, he just was calm and curious, but not reflecting that energy back.

Thanks Wade for bring him up from Tomball. It was good meeting you and your friend.

Departure from Denton around 6:45-7:00. Should be in Tulsa around 8:30-ish
Mike Farlow
1975 Cessna 182P - Aircraft is group owned & I'll need to work within the needs of other club member's schedules
Usually only available weekends, some weeknights are possible for shorter flights.

waderoberts

Post by waderoberts » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Mike,

It was great to meet and to connect with you. I hope that you had a great and safe flight. He was a special boy.

I look forward to connecting again, next time in N20223.

Best always,
Wade
Stephen Wade Roberts
Houston, TX area

AggieMike88

Post by AggieMike88 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:48 am

Just got home from flying Laddie to Riverside in Tulsa. Roberta was very grateful and gracious. She already has another rough collie named Sweetie Pie that will be an awesome companion for Laddie.

And Laddie will be a great dog for Roberta. When he was with me, he was very calm, even in the unknown space of my office and the local PetCo. And he will be a great walking companion. When I took him out for a short walk, he had great leash manners and set a good steady pace.

Thanks to Wade fro bringing Laddie to Denton. Thanks to Texas Collie Rescue for the opportunity to serve! And Ray V. for acting as my copilot tonight!
Mike Farlow