Immidiat Transport from Lake Mary FL to Jackson MI

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
brad.teaff

Immidiat Transport from Lake Mary FL to Jackson MI

Post by brad.teaff » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:23 am

Number of animals being transported:1
Breeds, weight, age: Belgium Malionis 6 yrs old 70 lbs
Health Condition: good
Heart worm Status: Current
Vaccinations: Current
Health Certificate: unknown
Spay/Neutered: no
Special needs: none
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Jessica Vandygriff AMK9
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Brad Teaff
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected] 325-439-9202
Are you a 501c3: no
Additional Info/situation: Was my Explosive Detection K9 for 3 years in the Middle East and has been retired. I need to get him home. I have a flight already able to take him from Shreveport, but need to find someone to get him from Alabama to Shreveport. Have Flight from Mississippi to Texas set up, I just need someone to get him from Orlando area to Jackson Mississippi by Friday
Last edited by brad.teaff on Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

Davisjj87
Zip Code: 76248
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: T67
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Retired Bomb Dog from Iraq/Afghanistan needs lift

Post by Davisjj87 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:54 am

I can probably do DFW area to Abilene if needed.

John
T67 - Haslet, TX (Just North of Fort Worth)
D-55 Beechcraft Baron

brad.teaff

Post by brad.teaff » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:59 am

Ok thank you. I have a couple of people that had said they would be able to do it, but I have not been able to find anyone to do the first leg. He is in Lake Mary FL and the company said they have a Kennel in Alabama that they can move him to it will help, and I though flight from AL to LA would be a little easier since it was not quite as far. Have someone that can get him from LA to I though Abilene but he might only be able to get him to Dallas, so I might still need you if you are able when I get all this set up

samlowe
Airport identifier: 2R4

Post by samlowe » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:03 am

Just wanted to confirm dog is in Lake Mary and not in Anniston, AL. What are the travel times needed? Do you know how well the dog will travel?

Thanks.
Sam Lowe
Cardinal N2KG

brad.teaff

Post by brad.teaff » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:10 am

As of right now his is in Lake Mary FL, however I have had a post for the past week up was was not able to get anyone to take the first part of the flight so the company said they would move him in to the kennel in Alabama in the next week or so. As far as traveling, he will not be a problem. We flew all over the Middle East on and did not have any issues with him. I can check with the company and they might provide a kennel for him to fly in also

Davisjj87

Post by Davisjj87 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:13 am

It would be an honor and privilege to fly this dog. Please let me know if I'm needed.

John
D-55 Beechcraft Baron

jefferson1
Zip Code: 39232
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KHKS
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by jefferson1 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:16 am

I'm making a flight from Jackson, MS to Fort Worth Alliance KAFW this Friday evening to drop off a passenger. Looks like T67 is only 6 miles away from Alliance. I could likely change my drop off location if needed. I'm flying a C182 and the back seat would be available for the dog to travel. Would it be possible to have him delivered to KMBO in Madison, MS (Jackson metro) Friday? I'm working until early afternoon and was planning to leave for Fort Worth about 3:00 pm but have some flexibility.

Alternately, I happen to be off work today and could possibly handle to first part of the transport myself. Would it be possible to have him fostered in the Jackson, MS area from today until Friday if we do that. Where is the dog now? Also, is he gentle enough to tether on the back seat or will a crate be needed?

Jeff Wall
N735FC
[email protected]
601-594-4141
Jeff Wall
Instrument rated
Piper Meridian N49BT
KHKS Jackson, MS

Davisjj87

Post by Davisjj87 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:23 am

I've got a Saturday mission to Denver but I could do the flight to Abilene Friday night or pick the dog up at Alliance and foster until Sunday and do the flight then. Whatever I can do to help.

John
D-55 Beechcraft Baron

samlowe
Airport identifier: 2R4

Post by samlowe » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:25 am

Brad,

The farther north you move him the harder he is to transport this time of the year. I think we ought to be able to move him from Orlando/Sanford area to the Florida panhandle (TLH or PNS) and then to Shreveport. While a kennel might help, it might make him harder to move. Usually we can tether in the back seat or cargo area of large enough.

My plane is down for annual otherwise I would go to Lake Mary and get him. There are plenty of us in Florida. We should be able to move him to the panhandle and then to Shreveport.

I will help facilitate this. When does he have to get to Shreveport?
Sam Lowe
Cardinal N2KG

brad.teaff

Post by brad.teaff » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:32 am

The other did not give a date. As I had told him this is all new to me so I don't know how it all works. I will do what ever you guys think is best. As far as the kennel it does not matter he was always scared on the C-130s we flew on but that was because we had to board them with engines running and being blasted with the prop wash. Once we got in the plane he always laid at my feet or if they pilots wanted he would sit in between them for the flight never had any problem, but I have been away from him for a year now, so I will not swear to it, I can just go off past experience. I was also looking at the website that said about 200 nautical miles was the extent of most of the flights so I was trying to figure that out and was thinking that Alabama was much closer to Louisiana that Florida was, that was the only reason for the move.

Like I said I will defer to you guys on all of that because you know it better that I do