TRANSPORT DONE/PICS POSTED/SENIOR SAMOYED FURBIE/OHIO-WIS

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
glacier

TRANSPORT DONE/PICS POSTED/SENIOR SAMOYED FURBIE/OHIO-WIS

Post by glacier » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi All, I've found a foster home for this sweet boy FURBIE in Milwaukee. Furbie's owner went to prison and he is in a shelter with tiny kennels (3x5). Would someone please help this boy get to his new home? FURBIE has been shaved, so your plane will not be full of hair. He was extremely matted due to neglect. He weighs 65 lbs and is 24" to his neck and 30" to the top of his head. Warden Mike and Pet Pals Rescuer, Dina, both say FURBIE is a very sweet dog and has no issues with other dogs and is "just happy to be alive". Photos attached.

Please email me directly. Lynn in Sun Valley, Id [email protected] Thank You to all for what you are doing to help these deserving furkids and giving them a second chance! You are the best! Lynn
FURBIE 1.jpg
FURBIE before shave
FURBIE 1.jpg (23.56 KiB) Viewed 435 times
FURBIE 2.jpg
FURBIE after shave "boy, do I feel cooler"!
FURBIE 2.jpg (1.97 KiB) Viewed 438 times
FURBIE 3.jpg
"look at me"! What a handsome boy! and, "I have a new home" Please Help!
FURBIE 3.jpg (1.62 KiB) Viewed 433 times
Last edited by glacier on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

glacier

Re: SENIOR SAMOYED FURBIE/OTTAWA,OH-GREATER CHICAGO OR MILWAUKEE

Post by glacier » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi All, Still hoping someone would be able to fly Furbie to his new home. A combo of driving and flying would work as well. Please email me at [email protected] Thanks. Lynn

glacier

Post by glacier » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Update: As of this past week, Furbie is set to fly on Wed., Aug 12, 2009, with Eddy Huffman of Racine, Wisconsin. Eddy has so graciously offered to fly round trip for Furbie. What a guy! Thank you Eddy. I will update when transport is complete. Lynn in Sun Valley, Idaho

:D

glacier

Post by glacier » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:00 am

TRANSPORT COMPLETED TODAY! (8/12/09) A huge thank you to Eddy Huffman and Veterinarian Heidi Jahn of Racine, Wisconsin. Eddy and Heidi flew round trip today and Furbie is now in Milwaukee with Playing Again Sams Samoyed Rescue (PAS) of Milwaukee. We are pretty sure that Furbie has a new home already. In honor of his pilot, Furbie will be renamed Eddie. This was also Eddy's first mission for Pilots N Paws. A job well done, Eddy!! The morning started out with some fog, so Eddy's departure was delayed, but when the fog lifted, he and Heidi were on their way. Per Eddy, Furbie was a great flyer and eagerly jumped into his plane and went into the crate and was very quiet and peaceful the whole trip. At one point, Eddy asked Heidi what "he was doing" and she replied, "I think he's reading a book"! He also sat and looked out the window for a while. He was a natural flyer! I can't thank you enough for helping to save this beautiful boy's life and a big thank you to Maria with PAS for taking him into your rescue. You are all Angels! Below are photos of Furbie. He had been shaved a couple of weeks ago, due to having been neglected by his previous owner and was extremely matted. Let's all keep paws crossed that his coat grows back in by the time the snow falls.
Big Hug to all Involved.......Eddy and Heidi, Maria and Scott (from PAS), Mike (the Warden in Ottawa) and Dina (Pet Pals Rescue) in Ohio, and of course, this great website, that without, this probably would not have happened for Furbie.
Lynn Sun Valley, Idaho
FURBIE 6.JPG
Animal Control Warden Mike and Furbie
FURBIE 6.JPG (142.45 KiB) Viewed 196 times
FURBIE 7.JPG
Warden Mike, Pilot Eddy and Furbie
FURBIE 7.JPG (155.27 KiB) Viewed 196 times
FURBIE 5.JPG
Pilot Eddy Huffman, Veterinarian Heidi Jahn and Furbie
FURBIE 5.JPG (167.63 KiB) Viewed 195 times