4 small doggies from dfw to columbia, TN

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Mkpeinado
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

4 small doggies from dfw to columbia, TN

Post by Mkpeinado » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:39 am

Number of animals being transported:4
Breeds, weight, age:1)doxie, 1-2 yrs, 10 pounds 2)chihuahua, 8 pounds, 1-2 yrs 3)chiweenie, 12 pounds, 5 months 4)Chihuahua, 2 yrs, 10 pounds
Health Condition: good
Heart worm Status: negative
Vaccinations: up to date
Health Certificate: can get if needed
Spay/Neutered: one is neutered
Special needs:
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties Russell rescue Tn - Texas base
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Russelll Rescue TN
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: yes
Additional Info/situation: I had a wonderful experience previously with two gentleman who did a transport for us. so appreciate this group!
Attachments
1688389_10202128833519536_89632850_n[1].jpg
3 of the 4 saved from high kill tx shelter
1688389_10202128833519536_89632850_n[1].jpg (9.05 KiB) Viewed 716 times

Skyhawk599
Zip Code: 35601
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KDCU

Re: 4 small doggies from dfw to columbia, TN

Post by Skyhawk599 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:13 pm

If you could get someone in Texas to fly them to a midpoint, say Pine Bluff Arkansas, Airport Identifier KPBF, I would be willing to fly them the rest of the way, to Columbia, TN. I would prefer this Saturday or Monday (holiday). If not this weekend, maybe next weekend.
Don H.
Cessna 172/Decatur, AL - Pryor Field (DCU)
VFR Only

Mkpeinado

Post by Mkpeinado » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi. Ty for the offer! I think I have someone who can do texas to arkansas. Could u do next weekend?

Skyhawk599

Post by Skyhawk599 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:39 pm

Is there any way we can do this Saturday, Feb. 15?
There is another dog that needs to come this way from the DFW area and I have volunteered to try to match these two requests together. See the other thread here http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 995#p97995

The other requestor is missyredding. Check her contact information over there.
If you two could get a pilot to fly the four little dogs AND the 30 pound dog to Pine Bluff, I would be willing to take over from there.
If we can't do Saturday, I'll try to fit it in later.
Don H.
VFR Only

Skyhawk599

Post by Skyhawk599 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:01 am

For the record, I have been contacted offline by Mkpeinado that the other pilot cannot fit the other dog (30 lb "Fluff Ball") into his plane along with these four dogs, so the dogs are traveling on separate trips. I am now committed to picking up "Fluff Ball" in Pine Bluff on Saturday Feb 15 (see other thread linked above), so if someone else wants to step forward and help these four dogs get to Tennessee at some later date, please contact Mkpeinado.
Don H.
VFR Only

Westward

Post by Westward » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:03 am

It's probably not the most direct route but I'm flying from Houston to Kansas City on Sunday. I could make a stop near DFW on my way and take them north if someone could meet somewhere to take them east?

Skyhawk599

Post by Skyhawk599 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:23 pm

Surely there are two pilots who could volunteer to fly this mission. I flew the "Fluff Ball" mission last Saturday, and the stop at Pine Bluff, which is half way between DFW area and Columbia, TN is a great place for two pilots to meet. Excellent fuel price, excellent facilities, nice runway, easy to find, etc. I am not available this weekend but am surprised that two pilots have not volunteered to fly this mission.
Don H.
VFR Only

Ryan650

Post by Ryan650 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Hello Melinda
Excuse me for taking my sweet time to get my responce posted into the online forum.

I was in contact with Jim but have not yet spoken with him about the timeline for this up coming weekend. I will call to confirm that he is available to make the trip this Sunday.

I did the research to find a good starting point from the Garland area and Rockwell Municipal is the best choice. It is a 25 minute drive to east of Garlin and is the closest I can get without entering Dallas airspace. Here is the address for the Rockwell Aviation Termainal

Address: 1701 Airport Rd.
Rockwall, TX 75087
United States of America
Telephone: 972-771-0151

Who is my point of contact for the pick-up and do you have there cell number?

Jim, since you can not land after dark my plan is to fly to the Dallas area Saturday afternoon after a flight lesson in the morning, then spend the night there and head out in the morning with the pups no later then say 0900hrs. My goal will be to have you wheels up by noon. Does that work well for you?

Once I make a few calls to confirm a bed, fuel and the pups can be made available when and where I need them I can give you a more solid time line and then adjust as needed.

Here is hoping this transport beats the previous time (shouldn't be hard)

Sincerely, Ryan Abbey

Mkpeinado

Post by Mkpeinado » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:59 am

hi Ryan, sorry to just now be responding. I can give you cell numbers for the two people who will be meeting you. ty for the research you did on airports etc. look forward to hearing that you and Jim connected and he can do sunday!!

747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by 747pilot » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:16 pm

I can help with this rescue by meeting Ryan at his home base Searcy, AR when he brings the pups back from TX. I will fly the pups to TN. I will discuss the TN airport of landing with the folks who will receive the pups in TN. As Ryan and I discussed, I can fly this rescue tomorrow or Sunday.
I will need the contact information for the folks who will receive the pups in TN.
Jim Carney
Pilot - PNP - TN
901-496-0768(cell)
[email protected]