5# Chi--LA to NC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
carolynharris

5# Chi--LA to NC

Post by carolynharris » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:58 pm

Number of animals being transported: One
Breeds, weight, age: Chihuahua, 5#, young adult female
Health condition: Good
Heartworm status: Unknown
Vaccinations: UTD
Health certificate: Yes
Spayed/neutered: Yes
Special needs: None
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Carolyn Harris, #337/837-5930, or [email protected]
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: Acadia Parish Animal Shelter, Crowley, LA
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Norma Thomas, Lexington, NC (owner)
Are you a 501c3: No
Date ready for transport: By Friday, Feb. 28, 2014
Additional info/situation:

Chestnut was in a horrible 18-wheeler accident several months ago off I-10. Her owner and traveling companion apparently suffered a heart attack near the Egan, LA, Exit and flipped his rig. He was killed outright. When his wife in NC was notified of his death, she asked what had happened to the dog.
It seems the man never made a trip without his road buddy, Chestnut.

A search of the scene did not turn up the dog; however, Chestnut was found wandering some distance away by a Good Samaritan who took her to a Lafayette, LA, vet. Once the Acadia Parish Shelter staff learned that Chestnut had survived, they found her a foster and raised $500 for her needs.
Now that Chestnut is fully recovered and able to travel, we are hoping that some more Good Samaritans (that being Pilots n Paws pilots) will take care of her trip home and a grand reunion with her "mom."

Weather permitting, Chestnut is ready to head out this weekend. She is traveling with her own crate, a bed, and numerous "outfits" that the Acadia Parish staff picked out for her. In fact, her "gear" probably outweighs her!!

I have not yet plotted the number of legs this trip will take, but if you are available to help Chestnut, please respond with the day(s) you can fly and your preference as to airports on a direct route from New Iberia, LA (ARA) to Davidson County (KEXX), NC.
Attachments
Chestnut's injuries.jpg
Last edited by carolynharris on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andytcsi

Re: 5# Chi--LA to NC

Post by andytcsi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:59 am

Carolyn, i sent you an email. I'll help from GA if the timing can work out.

Andy

Fastasp
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Fastasp » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:44 am

Hi Carolyn!
I will be glad to get this pup home if I could get some help from KTCL back west. I have a son that lives in that area and couls kill 2 birds with one stone. I can go anytime that there is reasonable weather.
I have your folding crate and it is ready for transport back to you.
Let me know how this project is going.

Best to you!

Hayes

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:57 am

Thanks, Hayes. So, all I would need from your prespective would be to get her to TCL and you'll take her the rest of the way? What would be your flying time from TCL to EXX? Reason I ask is I want to know how early we have to start down here at ARA so that you are not flying after dark--you know, we lose an hour going that way, too.

Carolyn

beckmark
Foster?: Yes

Post by beckmark » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:17 pm

I'll be happy to get this sweet pup from the New Orleans area to the Jackson, Mississippi area or to the Mobile, Alabama area. I'll work with a receiving pilot to determine the best route to construct the appropriate leg for transfer.

Mark
772-979-1082

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 pm

The Jackson idea might work, Mark. I will need Sonny or Jeff to take her on to Tuscaloosa to meet Hayes. Tuscaloosa is out of your range, isn't it?
Will keep you posted as things progress. Can you come early?

Oh, upon reading it again, you want her to come to New Orleans rather than your coming to New Iberia (ARA()? Not sure that will work as that would mean an additional pilot. Just let me know what you meant.

Carolyn

SParris

Post by SParris » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:13 pm

If someone can get her to the Atlanta area, then I can take her to Lexington, NC from there. Contact me at 864-529-2333 or [email protected]. Stacey Parris

carolynharris

Post by carolynharris » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:29 pm

Thanks, Stacey. Am getting lots of good offers, so will have to see how they all connect. How's your weather this upcoming weekend?

SParris

Post by SParris » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:38 pm

Well depending on what hour you look at the forecast, it's calling for a chance of rain or cloudy. If you can her to Atlanta area, a ground transport to Lexington, NC is no problem. I can meet a pilot at KPDK if preferred. Just let me know.

Sonny Davenport
Zip Code: 39157
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KMBO

Post by Sonny Davenport » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:28 am

I can pick up at ARA Friday morning and deliver to Hayes inTuscaloosa about 12:15
Sonny
Sonny Davenport
601-672-9202
Instrument
N743GA
Madison, Ms. KMBO