Senior Chi lost owner -Athens AL-Nashville TN or Hardin KY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
savingdogs2011
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Senior Chi lost owner -Athens AL-Nashville TN or Hardin KY

Post by savingdogs2011 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:45 am

Number of animals being transported:1
Breeds, weight, age:Chi, less than 10 lbs, 10 years old
Health condition:good
Heartworm status: neg
Vaccinations:yes
Health certificate:not sure yet
Spayed/neutered:y
Special needs:senior very sweet but scared (shaking legs when tries to stand)
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum): Karen Jones [email protected], 334-329-2139
Name and contact for person in charge of transport:Karen Jones
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties:Russell County Animal Shelter, Phenix City AL ( AL/GA line near Columbus GA) LISA HALL
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties:Fay Stark, Viva Chihuahua Sanctuary... retirement rescue home for chi's in Hardin KY
Are you a 501c3:Russell County is
Date ready for transport: Saturday (or earlier IF we can find transport from Phenix City AL to Athens AL area).. can bring him to nearby places also around Athens if more convenient for pilot via volunteer ground transport from shelter to Athens area on Saturday March 15th. ULTIMATELY trying to get to Hardin KY (zip 42048) or as far as Nashville to meet rescue.... Small airport near Hardin KY also is Puducah, KY. This little dog came into shelter when life long owner became ill and he is terrified.. needs out and to get to rescue home soon with as few changes as possible. Sweet temperament just very confused and scared. Shelter keeping in office break room now to help with stress but that cannot continue and they are closed on week-ends except for caretakers who are in and out a couple of times a day.. nobody to really keep watch on him.

Koopper
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes

Re: Senior Chi lost owner -Athens AL-Nashville TN or Hardin

Post by Koopper » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:42 am

I can do the trip Saturday afternoon. Please contact me at 256-461-7195 ext 234 days, or 256-426-2960. - eve

Caroline Hodges

savingdogs2011

Post by savingdogs2011 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:52 am

Thank you Caroline! I will call you later today! Can you tell me which location you can take this little guy to? Nashville or Puducah KY? The rescue owner doesn't drive a lot I don't think and she can get someone lined up to meet you wherever you can bring him to. I will connect to those who will be bringing him to N. Alabama and then get all of you connected directly. Is there an airport in Athens that will work for you or do you prefer something close by? THANKS AGAIN!! Karen Jones 334-329-2139

Koopper

Post by Koopper » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:57 am

I live close to Athens and can drive over to pick up the. Pup. We fly out of Redstone Arsenal.

I think Nashville, but I will find out from my student if he would be willing to go to Paducah.

What airport would we go to in Nashville? :plane:

savingdogs2011

Post by savingdogs2011 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:22 am

Hi there.. They did not specify an airport.. I can ask.. I know smaller is easier for you and then generally. Is there a smaller one on the north side that would save them some travel since I am not sure she has car personally or is able to drive? I am sure they will make it work whatever you need to do! I will leave them message and get back to you later today! THANKS again.. everyone will be so excited this AM to hear we have a way to get him to safety! Karen Joes

Koopper

Post by Koopper » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:24 am

I am sure there is an airport that will work. I will do the research when I get to work this morning.

joemoss3
Airport identifier: KMQY

Post by joemoss3 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:47 am

I can fly north from Nashville if needed. I fly out of BNA, but I can meet at JWN if that helps. Early forecast looks like rain over the weekend. Friday or early next week looks like better weather if that is an option.

Joe 615 554 3052
Joe Moss
KMQY - Smyrna, Tenn.
IFR - PA-28-181

joemoss3
Airport identifier: KMQY

Post by joemoss3 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:57 am

I spoke too soon. Just found out I have a broken shaft in my alternator. I will be down several days. Sorry.
Joe Moss
KMQY - Smyrna, Tenn.
IFR - PA-28-181

Koopper

Post by Koopper » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:29 am

I can do the whole trip to Paducah if we can wait til Sunday. I have no problem fostering the pup if we need to pick it up Saturday.

savingdogs2011

Post by savingdogs2011 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Thank you Joe for wanting to help! Hope you are up and running again soon! I will check on Sunday Caroline. I know we do not have a foster in that area for this little guy so keeping him overnight would be the only way to make it work. I have a good friend who is PNP pilot also and she often does this too. You are all awesome! I think they can get to Nashville on Saturday but let me just get with everyone tonight when I can focus more on it and we'll get it all firmed up.
Thanks again!
Karen Jones