TRANSPORT COMPLETE!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
kevin182
Zip Code: 49456
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 3GM
Distance willing to fly one way: 225

Re: Tuscaloosa, AL to MI or IN for small dog

Post by kevin182 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:23 pm

I can give you until Friday at noon, EST. But that really puts a pinch on other stuff.

psdrescue

Post by psdrescue » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:05 pm

I will try to have it settled by tomorrow night. I emailed a few people in AL for help. Thank you sooooo much!

Karyn

psdrescue

Post by psdrescue » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:11 am

Joe and Kevin, I just heard from a lady who her rescue is actually fostering Crystal aka Pagan. She said she needs a time to be there at the Decatur, AL airport and she can bring her. Joe, could you give me the address to the airport. Here is what she said, "I just read ur post on the barkery page. My rescue is actually holding that dog in foster until transport. Let me know about the confirmed day and time and i will arrange transport to meet the pilot".

Thank you!

Karyn

psdrescue

Post by psdrescue » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:59 pm

I have everything arranged to get her to the Decataur, AL airport by 10 a.m Sunday morning. Joe, I did not have any luck with the other pilots to get her to Nashville. Sorry! I also have some people working on a small crate as she weighs, the foster said, about 6 lbs, so she is a tiny girl. I will also need to know the address of the Decatur airport and where the overnight should bring her once at the airport. She is on Facebook, not PNP.

Kevin, Is this still okay for Sunday? If so, what is the address for the Three Rivers airport and where should his mom pick her up? Oh, and a time.

Do you need anything from either of the land drivers?

It looks like this transport is on for Sunday, March 31, 2014.

Thank you both so much!

Karyn

joemoss3
Airport identifier: KMQY
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by joemoss3 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:57 pm

I'll park at North Alabama Aviation. 7046 Highway 31 (Bee Line Hwy) Tanner, AL 35671

North on Bee Line Hwy off of I-565 (Huntsville-Decatur Hwy). Maybe a mile north on the right. North Alabama Aviation is on the north end of the airport (maybe past the street number above) and it looks like the entrance is at Thomas Hammons Rd. Should be obvious.

10:00am central is good. That will give me extra time in case the winds are against me and I have to stop for fuel. Decatur to Jeffersonville is the edge of my range on a good day. (Cessna 150)

Kevin, are you still good? Can you send me your cell number?

Thanks

joe
Joe Moss
KMQY - Smyrna, Tenn.
IFR - PA-28-181

kevin182

Post by kevin182 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Joe,
My cell is 616-970-4997.

Are you still good for a 3pm meet up in JVY? That would be Eastern time I believe.

Kevin

DustyDS

Post by DustyDS » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:16 pm

Kevin..This is Crystals new Mom, Dusty ..Do you have an approximate time you will arrive in Three Rivers at Dr Haines Airport?? I want to be sure to be there so as not to delay you...I am less than 30 minutes away... My Cell is 352-397-8505 and feel free to use it...My Home # is 269-762-7097

I cannot thank both you and Joe enough for what you are doing for this tiny 6 pound girl...She needs Vet care quickly and the two of you are a true blessing...In the event they don't locate a crate for her, if you have a fluffy blanket she could curl up in, I am quite sure she would be very content...Feel free to call me if you have any questions or needs...

Col Dusty Daniel-Slusser

psdrescue

Post by psdrescue » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:39 pm

Joe, I gave the over night foster the instructions. Her name is Bobbi Yarbrough Lee and her cell number is 205-999-6364. HI Dusty!!!!!

Once we confirm Kevin, everything is set. I am working on a small crate that will be within dimensions 28 x 18 x 18 or smaller, so she will have a crate and I will make sure they have all her paperwork. Please remember to pass those on to one another.

Thank you so much for helping her get home.

Karyn

kevin182

Post by kevin182 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:23 pm

The crate will be important as the wire crate that I carry in my baggage compartment will be occupied by a 30 lb dog. I've heard that Pet Smart has loaner soft crates if you have one near you.

joemoss3
Airport identifier: KMQY
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by joemoss3 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi Kevin,

I'm good for 3:00 eastern. I call you Sunday. I'm at 615 554 3052.

Weather looks good. I'm looking forward to it.

joe
Joe Moss
KMQY - Smyrna, Tenn.
IFR - PA-28-181