Bloodhound going to furever home

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
atrulli
Zip Code: 51455
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Bloodhound going to furever home

Post by atrulli » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:44 pm

COMPLETED

Well, she took off yesterday morning and made it part way home and then got to spend her first night in a motel room ... She has safely arrived in her new home...

This is one of those flights that will leave chills... The adoptive Mom wanted this girl last November, but they were in the middle of adopting a different bloodhound.....
Savannah has been in 4 different homes, getting returned within days of not working out.
I called the adoptive Dad last week... to see what their situation was and if there other bloodhound they adopted and was flown on PNP was ready for a sister..
Kevin then informs me that his wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor... it is terminal.. but it would help the family so much to rehab Savannah... to leave them with a piece of Diane... GOD BLESS this FAMILY, Steve the pilot for going out of his way to make this happen on very short notice...

Thanks everyone for making this happen for Savannah

Name: Savannah - sweet, timid, shy girl... intelligent, quick to learn
Number of animals being transported: ONE
Breeds, weight, age: Bloodhound, 85-90 pounds, 3 years old
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: negative
Vaccinations: UTD
Health Certificate: YES and Microchipped
Spay/Neutered: Spayed
Special needs: timid and shy... once she is exposed to something and encouraged the second time - she does great. Lynn will take her to the airport in the morning so she is use to the sounds.. and return for the flight
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Riverside Bloodhound Rescue
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Kevin CT
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Ann T. Bloodhound Transport Coordinator
Are you a 501c3: yes -- will provide charitable donation letter

Additional Info/situation: This bloodhound has been in rescue for over a year, going out to four different homes and then returned in a few days... she is stand offish... needs time to be ignored, to watch, listen, settle in without pressure... She loves other dogs... could drop a few pounds.. don't we all given this long winter...

Will be traveling with a blanket to cover the seat, food to get her transitioned, loop leash, paperwork, etc

We are building memories for Savannah, so lots of pictures please for her scrap book.

Pilot: Steven

Riverside Bloodhound Rescue, you will be met by Lynn -- I will have Lynn pull her food in the morning, she will be potty and exercised before flight.

Airport for Departure: AirNav: KFWQ - Rostraver Airport -- a few minutes from vet clinic
ETA: 3 p.m 4/7/14 Monday

Airport for Arrival: Danielson, CT 06241 -- http://www.airnav.com/airport/KLZD
ETA 5:00 to 5:30 p.m.

Adoptive Family :
Kevin

I will be monitor and staying in touch with everyone.

Ann T
Attachments
savannahb.jpeg
Last edited by atrulli on Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

EDWARDABRAMS
Zip Code: 06783
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KOXC
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Bloodhound going to furever home

Post by EDWARDABRAMS » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:35 pm

I am glad the mission has been completed
Ed Abrams
N206EA. Cessna T206
Home Base OXC-Oxford, CT