Basset from Canton GA to NJ/PA

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
atrulli
Zip Code: 51455
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Basset from Canton GA to NJ/PA

Post by atrulli » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:14 pm

Noel -- what about getting Ellie to your airport, so you don't have to stop in Canton, GA? I really appreciate it all guys...

patthepilot

Post by patthepilot » Thu May 01, 2014 2:59 pm

My GSO departure time is anytime. I'm picking up a bunch of other dogs 70 miles away, so I could pick them up first before heading to GSO. How early would be reasonable for you to get to GSO? Winds aloft forecast shows a nice strong SW to NE breeze.

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Thu May 01, 2014 3:50 pm

And transportation has been set up to get Ellie to Noel's airport by basset rescue on Saturday morning, we just need a time.

NPA28Bouyett

Post by NPA28Bouyett » Thu May 01, 2014 8:41 pm

Patrick - Would you be able to do Smith Reynolds (KINT) instead of Greensboro (KGSO)? Not a big difference in distance, but a huge difference in fuel price. KINT has 100LL at $4.90 versus KGSO at $6.84. My plan is to leave Calhoun (KCZL) on Saturday (5/3) around 7:00 am with a quick stop at Canton (KCNI) to pick up Ellie. I should be able to meet with you before 10:00 AM, if the weather holds.

Ann - Please don't worry about ground transportation to Calhoun. Its about an hour drive, but its only about a 12 minute flight for me, plus I'm flying in that direction anyway. I think it would be better for Ellie and it will only add about 15 minutes of ground time in Canton.

Also, I need contact information for Patrick and the person taking Ellie to Cherokee County Airport. You can text or call me at 770-905-7396 or email me at [email protected] I would like to depart KCNI around 7:30 AM.

Thanks
Last edited by NPA28Bouyett on Thu May 01, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atrulli

Post by atrulli » Thu May 01, 2014 8:48 pm

Thank you Noel -- yes will get with Suzanne to do the flight plan -- once Patrick gives it a go... with everyone's contact information, name, cell phone, email, tail numbers, pick up person and delivery person, ETA and Delivery times ETA...

MidABHR
Zip Code: 07882
Foster?: No

Post by MidABHR » Sat May 03, 2014 6:29 pm

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO MADE THIS TRANSPORT POSSIBLE
Ann Trullinger - you are a saint for coordinating this.
Basset Hound Rescue Of Georgia/Rosemary Glennie - God bless our fellow rescue for pulling Ellie from the shelter, getting her to the vet, kennel, and airport. Could never have done this without you
Pilots Noel and Patrick (and Patrick's dad) - God bless you greatly for making this transport happen. I am eternally grateful for your help. May your travels be safe wherever you go.